ARossi12's Cyberfaces

arossi12

I would appreciate a little feedback and critique of these textures. As far as actually turning them into faces, I can't get O-edit to work, but I asked about it in the support forum.

Carlos Pena - (Miguel Cairo base model)

14121334068.jpg

Greg Norton - (Todd Helton base model)

I know this one is crooked, but I tried to match the eyes up as best I could.

14121333881.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first one looks really good, really sharp and clean. The 2nd one looks good but I like the first one better. It would be a good idea to put a scrrenshot of the faces in the game becasue that is how you are going to know if they are good or not. Overall, really nice work.

you can work on blending the colors a bit. the contrast between the face and the base on the second one are partcularly off. the first one looks god, but again you need to work on your blending skills. look around the border of the face and you can see where it's nice and smooth. well nice and smooth will equate into blurry in game. for more blending tips, look in the "xbox cyberface tutorial". it's in the forums somewhere. but a very good start. keep at it. you'll eventually learn to work with the lips and the big smile a little better too.

On the Pena, use the clone tool to take out some of the tell-tale signs of smiling. The lines around the eyes, the dimples, and the wrinkles running from the nose to the edge of the lips will all look strange in the game.

What program are you using to make these?

I read over that tutorial you suggested Homer, and I just used the clone tool to blend the face. I don't think I even used the smudge tool on this one. The only problem is the right cheek, which is a little blurry, and I'm having a hard time getting the lips to blend together smoothly.

14123350899.jpg

I'm using Photoshop 7.0 for these, AstroEric

much better. i never use the smudge tool on faces anymore. it just makes it blurry. but keep at it. definitely improved. the eraser is your friend :) the lips are always something to work on. learn to cut, paste, warp, and blend it in. it'll come with practice.

I re-did Pena, and I tried it out in-game, but my O-editing is terrible, and I can't get the nose to matchup right. I also did Norton, but his eyes are messed up.

Any pointers on getting these to work right? Pena's nose is too small (width), and Norton's eyes don't map right at all.

• 1 month later...

not bad...i'd like to see two things:

1. a headshot of him to compare to (sorry but i'm not familiar with what he looks like)

2. shots from different angles

otherwise you're making great progress. texture looks great.

I knew I forgot something - that's Luis Ayala, BTW.

I still need to work on the texture, the left side of his face is a little mangled.

The o-editing needs some work too, because the left side of his face is a little flat. He has a rounder face and I'm slowly shaping it that way.

Looking pretty good. Once you get it down you'll be amazed at how quickly you can pick up the little nuances of Photoshop. The more tools you become familiar with the higher quality your faces are gonna be. Can't wait to see more.

17801382891.jpg

That's the most recent model. I'm like 95% done the o-editing, but I need an opinion on whether the left side of the face looks too rough. You might not be able to see what I mean here, use the pics in the last post to see what I mean.

BTW, I want to do a Nationals facepack, but at this rate, it may take some time before it's a "pack".

Almost forgot, I want to do a screenshot of the player editing screen, but mine's messed up and I'm not sure what to do with it. Seems the players have like a big spotlight on them because everything is white and washed out. Any help?

BTW, thanks for the comments, I've learned that it helps to ask around here!

First, I pulled Ayala's ears closer to his head and edited the shape a little bit. I'm pretty happy with that face for now.

Alright, second, I'm trying to do John Patterson, and I'm using Peavy as the model. It's going to take some work and heavy o-editing, but I think it can work. But in the meantime, does anybody have an easier choice?

Third, I did Saul Rivera. A little work on the mouth and I think its done. You guys like the model or not?

17818475523.jpg

OK, managed to finally get Rivera and Ayala to a point to where I like them.

18200385934.jpg

Added sideburns, and fixed ears.

18200392174.jpg

Edited face, fixed mouth. Only problem is neck, but I may just skip that since it's not really visible from afar.

If you're using KG's rosters, I'm going to focus on everyone on the MLB roster first from now on.

As for the pack, I scrapped Patterson because of a bad model. The current project is Ray King, and if you have a better model than LaTroy Hawkins in mind, please PM me! (Remember, King has no hair!)

For King, find the roundest, fattest headshape possible.

I tried Sabathia, but it just doesnt work with the hair. I managed to get the face edited from Hawkins, problem is that it really doesn't look like king. I'll play around with it tommorrow and let you guys see the WIP to help me out.

Archived