ARossi12's Cyberfaces

arossi12

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm going to maybe make him a little less fatter around the neck, but I messed up his eyes, so I gotta re-do him. I'm taking some time on Church, because I'm trying a few different ways to get rid of the smile, and I'm probably going to do Tim Redding (who somebody requested. I now understand why, he's starting today.)

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, I decided to start up again after taking a break to play the game and decide what to do with these. I'll probably do a few more Nationals that I have lined up, then move on the Athletics and Giants packs. I may also take a crack at a full set of faces for the AAA All-Star teams, so stay tuned.

As for the current cyberfaces, I scrapped King cause the model was messed up beyond repair. I moved on to Chris Schroder:

20822341721.jpg

It looks okay, I'm going to extend the sideburns a little and I think it would be done. You guys like the model? Planning on Church and Flores to round out the pack, btw.

like i said, maybe. it's always hard to tell from these screenies. all i got to compare it to is the neck, and it seems a slight bit off to me. just a little too pink. maybe try lightening it down a tad, or bring down the saturation and it should match pretty well. but that's all assuming it's off in the first place.

Well, I kinda forgot about this after starting a new dynasty, but Grado33 requested a Tim Redding face so I got back on the ball. I'm gonna pretty much try and get the whole 40-man roster, with a few exceptions.

I may try King again, but it would be one of the last faces I do for the project. I also saw Frost made an attempt at Cordero, and there was a request for Schneider in thr33niL's thread. I might try Schneider myself, and if anybody can get me a better headshot of Cordero (because his current one sucks), I'd be willing to give him an attempt too.

That said, here's what I have done so far:

21615252023.jpg

Finished Schroder, and this screenie finally does the color some justice. Overall, I think I fixed the problem here.

21615252785.jpg

Jesus Flores, kinda weird screenie here, but the face in-game looks pretty crisp and accurate. I may play with this one a little, so C&C are welcome since I only posted a WIP shot before.

21615252749.jpg

I did a re-tex on Ayala's mouth, cause I thought the mouth looked funky with the black stripe seperating the lips. Unfourtanetly, the re-tex kinda produced the same thing. I also moved around the sideburns a little, and improved it a little overall.

21615252752.jpg

Saul Rivera, same as before, screenie is a little better, and I fixed a little issue with the lips.

21615252890.jpg

Tim Redding, overall it came out pretty good. The eyes look a little weird in the screenie, but I think the face is very accurate and looks wonderful in-game.

Again, I'll take any suggestions on these. I'm always willing to play with the model or improve my textures in an attempt to make these as realistic as possible. As for the rest of the pack, here's who I had in mind:

Billy Traber

D'Angelo Jimenez

Jason Bergmann

Jason Simontacchi

Jesus Colome

Joel Hanrahan

John Patterson

Kory Casto

Matt Chico

Micah Bowie

Michael O'Connor

Mike Bacsik

Nick Johnson

Nook Logan

Robert Fick

Ronnie Belliard

Ryan Church

Ryan Wagner

Of course, I'll take requests into consideration, and I'm also planning on a few other packs after this, namely Giants, Athletics, AAA All-Star, and Manager packs, in addition to any requests and a few other faces I'm going to put together in a random face pack.

good work on these man. i think doing some Giants is a really good idea. Hennessey, Sanchez, and Misch could all use faces. Also, someone did a Lowry a long time ago, but it doesn't really look anything like him.

CMason86, I dunno about an ETA, 'cause I kinda just find a time to do like a couple. With school starting, and me having to bust my *** for soccer, it may be a while, but I'm gonna try and get one done every day from now on.

pistonj92, I scrapped that model of King, and I may try him again as a last-minute throw in. However, Nook Logan is on my list of faces to do.

HCaray, I'm looking at everyone you mentioned, and I'll add Lowry now too. If anyone can get me a better pressbox of him, I'd love it. This year's didn't come out so good.

I'm gonna work on a few tommorrow, I spent today out playing soccer, and I worked on fixing up Ayala's mouth on Monday 'cause it still looked funky. Thanks for all the support guys, I'm gonna try and crank these out with a little more regularity now!

Thanks kg, I threw it in my folder with the AAA all-stars. I'll probably do that pack last since some of those guys may be around come September and people may want a few of them done.

By the way, I'm thinking of holding off on a manager pack, since some of them dont have the correct ID's on their coaches pages, meaning I can't get their pressboxes. It also doesn't help that a number of managers without faces aren't exactly entrenched in their current jobs.

1 new, 1 old:

Jason Simontacchi:

22316154098.jpg

I spent hours mapping out that beard. That's why I haven't updated in so long.

Luis Ayala:

22316154057.jpg

Re-did mouth, moved it closer to nose, mapped out beard, blah blah blah, looks better to me.

I'm working on a few more tonight, I'm starting to piece this together. Thanks to JP_Frost for helping me with a few texture questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, it's been a while.

But, I did two more, and I now have a list of headshapes to use, so I might actually get this done soon.

23202340768.jpg

Brian Schneider. Since nobody else wanted to, of course. I think it turned out nice, certainly usable over the old one he had. The only quirk is that I can't identify his correct eye color from his pic. I gave him greenish eyes, cause thats what the base had and it was close, but if anybody can clear that one up for me, I'd appreciate it.

23202340793.jpg

Billy Traber. I don't know how, but this one came out great, much like Tim Redding. I like it a lot, hope you guys are enjoying the ones I actually get done.

I didn't take a picture of it, but I finally figured out what was bothering me about Ayala. His head was too big, so I shortened it a little. If I remember I'll get a pic.

I'm pretty much just going down the list, but I may stop and do a 2-pack of Yankees (Betemit and Chamberlain, check the request threads) and actually release a download.

Archived