kumala updated datafile

kumala

I have worked on a new datafile. If anyone wants to try it, let me know if you like me to post it or just send me your email and i will send it your way.

more changes to batter contact, physics, fielder position.

hit variety ( liners, choppers, rollers, hrs, bloopers and finally hits, bloopers down the line and into corners. Balls now curve foul after falling in fair. best hit variety seen for me.

ive been using your datfile for awhile with frued's pro silders and I downloaded ur new datfile while using the pro sliders you posted. Id say the pitching meter is on the tough side. I was wondering how you guys pitch. Do you go all the way effectiveness? Halfway? Just wondering. That is my only issue with the file otherwise it plays GREAT. Definitely one of the best files out there.

thanks guys, i have pitch meter diff at 50 user control at -50. allows me to walk some batters. I just like what i see from this file. I have mlb 07 the show for ps3, but can't stop editing the datafile til it feels perfect. I got to say that this may be it for me.

You have pitch meter difficulty at 50? That seems easy for me.

I've tried a lot of datafiles but yours seems to be the one that works for the type of game I like: lots of foul balls, high pitch counts, and you really have to paint the corners to get a strikeout.

I also noticed you zoomed out the baserunners view. Perfect when you want to gauge if you're gonna throw out the guys for the extra base. Love it.

I just wanna know what else you changed in the datafile, but all in all, thanks a lot! This really makes the game for me.

Maybe that is what he meant. hehehe.

I toned down the pitch meter difficulty to -41, so I have control of at least two pitches. I still miss the green spot with regularity, and when efficient, I have low pitch counts. Contact is up to 32 for both, so you just can't lay it in the strike zone. You gotta paint the corners to be effective.

I just wanna ask: major league pitchers have a 100 pitch count limit. The pitch count effectivity seems to stop at 70-75 pitches. Is there a way to remedy this? There are pitchers in the Majors who can still throw quite effectively at the century mark.

changes made were to batter, batterai areas of the datafile. These affect the type of contact made.

changed the infield and outfield positions. animations, throw speed and accuracy. The main concern was contact and power. I felt the other datafiles, it was to easy to hit homers and felt like the game was just a slugfest. I find with my datafile homers don't come cheap and you need to get perfect timing and swing location to hit a homer. When i feel I have found the best setup, I am always looking for ways to improve it. But overall I love the hit variety I am getting with this.

just in the data folder. the datafile is the default datafile.big so don't put into there.

If you want to see the ball physics changes its best to set your defense cam to broadcast. I wish games like 2k or mlb could use this camera angle.

Nice work as always Kumala. I really noticed the difference, especially in the offensive department -- though I would like the balls to jump off the bat more, but I can probably change that with my sliders.

I also noticed that it seems that opposing batters swung at more pitches out of the strikezone. I really like that, and hopefully it will result in more K's. The only thing I think is a little bit off is the throwing speed for fielders -- it's too slow. I was playing Tampa Bay and Delmon Young picked up a ball in medium right field and basically threw a 3-hopper to 3rd ... and this kid has a cannon. I will see if I can edit my sliders a little bit to solve this issue.

there's one thing I'd like to ask. Does the datafile hold information about which pitch is thrown where and when? If so, I'd like to see the cpu pitchers work off their fastballs more, while throwing their out pitch in 2 strike counts. Another thing that bothers me is the location they use with some of their pitches, particularly on sinkers, changeups and splitters. So basically they should pitch more down in the zone, especially with their offspeed stuff. Can these things be changed with the datafile?

no, nothing from md's, I worked with Rodkey to create my datafiles. Rodkey is well known for his datafiles in the 2003 and 2004 datafiles. We communicated and worked on several files last year. A lot of the physics were done by me with extensive testing.

jp, there is a section of the datafile that adjust throwing power and speed. as for the pitch history I will check on it. good to hear from you.

Archived