Candlestick Park 1978

Sean O

candlelefttf6.th.jpg

candlecenterkf5.th.jpg

candlerightpu9.th.jpg

It's been sent off to Pirate for graphical work and touchups, and I'm continuing to add and tweak some things. Really happy with how this turned out, and I tried to make everything 3d that I could. So, the right field stands are actually 3 levels, with the lowest buried underneath the right field mezzanine seating.

Why do the ads for this make it look like the stadium is in Pittsburgh?

The makeup of this stadium looks good SeanO, and of course I'll grab this when it is done and use it. But nothing you can do can hide the fact that Candlestick was one ugly ballpark. They really made a bad one out in San Francisco.

Yeah, the 'stick sucked. No argument there.

I used placeholders from Pirate's 3 Rivers for now, while he's working on the park. I expect his always excellent work to really bring the park together.

Right now the pics don't really do the park justice. It's far from perfect, obviously, but I really like the right field area. Really gives the park a unique edge.

Can't wait to see the final.

Sean - Great job! I too am looking forward to the finished product. I may have to release another version of the 1978 season mod once this stadium is complete! :)

Then again, maybe I'll wait a while and then release an update if / when some other stadiums are created (like Comiskey Park for example).

• 2 weeks later...

Sean/Pirate,

How are the graphics coming along? Can't wait for this.

Pirate's taking a (much deserved) break from modding, so Candlestick and the updated Baltimore Memorial are delayed a bit. For Candlestick, I still need to figure out how to best take care of the turf and warning track, and I still have to take care of the collision data, so it'll be a bit.

It'll definitely be worth it though. Just need to figure out how to make sure the winds are blowing at 30+ mph every game.

• 1 month later...

Archived