Can anyone help me out?

NYM

Alright, please don't close this thread, or if you decide to merge it with my other locked thread.

My game will not load. I have just installed MVP 2007 mod on a fresh copy of MVP 2005. For some reason, when it gets to the Griffey loading screen, the loading bar goes a little bit and then crashes.

It had nothing to do with my firewall because I followed kraw's steps with the firewall problem, and it did not fix it.

Can someone please help me?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I knew what was going on NYM to help you. What I can do is keep this thread open for you and I'll ask all the staff members tonight not to lock this. I hope someone can help you and as soon as you do have it fixed, come back in this thread and let us know that it is ok.

did you install any of the patches for mvp 05 first? by the way, why even bother because you know this thread will be locked.

Please tell me right now what this kid has done wrong. If it were anyone else having the same problem, it would be ok.

I know he's had some different threads about the same thing, but that's taken care of. So how about we leave this open so he can get to the bottom of it and get back to playing his game?

I didn't install any patches.
did you install anything that you think may have caused this because i had the same problem and what i didn tdo was delete the EA Sports folder every time i reinstalled mvp 2005 but then when i deleted the folder it worked.Theres really ntohing i can think of that cause this. Have you tried at least playing a game of mvp 2005 before actually downloading MVP07

Be sure you grab, and install, the "07 Patch #2" from EAmods.com.

I'm pretty sure it clears a lot of stuff up.

EDIT: Here's a link: http://www.eamods.com/index.php?name=Downl...=details&id=184

And be sure you have the firewall OFF or set to ignore MVP completely, b/c it is usually the cause for this particular problem.

i think mvp 07 automatically dl the patches

are you using a no-cd crack, or running a mini-image of the cd?

EDIT - Also, have you tried installing just the 07 mod (without installing the original game)? Try that and see if it fixes anything. Also, double check to make sure that you have completely exited out of your anti-virus/spyware software.

Ok, I guess that means you are not using it. Anyway, install the 07 mod without installing the original game and see what happens.

Thats what I did because my game would not install pass 37%.

I'm running the 07 mod without the installation of MVP 2005.

And you double checked on your anti-virus/spyware being turned off? The last thing would be to re-install the mod again. I am guessing you didn't get any error messages during your earlier installations right?

EDIT - You had mentioned that you had some scratches on you CD and I guess thats the reason why you couldn't install past 37%. If that's the case, then it could possibly be that the 07 mod wasn't installed properly because there could be some files that it couldn't grab off the scratched CD. See if you can borrow a set from any of your friends and try the installation again.

I actually can't get to my virus control. Every time I click on it, I get an error message saying "Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows Firewall Settings"

wtf

Archived