Portraits

redsox

Just wanted to know if anyone would be interested in having 2X portraits that look like this:

0000.jpg

Its quite simple at the moment, but if lot of people are interested, I can personalize the portraits for each team by having a unique background pertaining to that particular team.

only 5976 more to go

I am sure that didn't stop Hory/KG and others when they first started updating portraits. This is just something I did for my dynasty and just wanted to share it with everyone.

If there is enough interest, I could improve upon this and like I said do a team package of sorts. I understand that this doesn't even come close to things that others have created, but I just wanted to help in some way.

Any suggestions are more than welcome to make this better. Thanks.

I am working on an update for the Red Sox ML roster. If any of you guys have a specific background that you think would be perfect, please post in this thread and I will have it included. At the moment, I have about 3 backgrounds, the one that is shown in the pic in the 1st post, a Fenway Park background, and a Boston background.

Cool idea, but if someone gets traded...

More options the better, but it's a hell of a task.

You are right. It is a daunting task. I will just get a set out and see if people like it. And if they do, I don't mind updating it as the trades happen.

I am focusing my attention on the ML rosters at the moment and if I feel quite comfortable with it, then I can probably start doing the minors as well.

Here are some preview pictures of the portraits. I have 3 different backgrounds to choose from at the moment, but if any of you guys have a background in mind, please post and I will add that in. I am just having a hard time trying to get a good background to go with the pics.

youkilis.jpg

wakefield.jpg

timlin.jpg

manny.jpg

lowell.jpg

drew.jpg

hinske.jpg

crisp.jpg

beckett.jpg

Cool idea, but if someone gets traded...

what if it were used for a classic mod? it wouldn't be an issue there, and definitely like the new look. a template would be good.

i definitely like one of the first two backgrounds the best. that third one could be good for rookies or minor leaguers.

Hey, those look good. I was wondering how you got your pics looking high quality because when I try to use the pictures from mlb.com they come out de-pixilated. Good work.

Those are pressbox photos from the team's website. There is actually a tutorial on here that shows how to grab those high-res. pictures.

I am working on the team pack now and once I am done with it, I will upload it and will let you guys give it a try and see if you like it.

what if it were used for a classic mod? it wouldn't be an issue there, and definitely like the new look. a template would be good.

i definitely like one of the first two backgrounds the best. that third one could be good for rookies or minor leaguers.

I would be more than willing to do these for the classic mods but I am not sure if there will be a whole lot high-resolution pics or not. I don't mind sharing the file either.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I have submitted a file to the downloads that contains updated rosters for the 25 players on the ML level. Install them and see if you like them and if there are any changes that you would like for me to make or any suggestions please post in this thread.

I will start on the minors for the Boston Red Sox based on the comments/suggestions and the level of interest this download draws. Thanks to all for trying this out. Take care.

I am currently working on the AL East set and should have the Yankees portraits out shortly. Once again, if there is a specific background that you guys think would fit perfectly, please post it in this thread. Thanks and hope you enjoy it.

Archived