hiheat32's concept unis

hiheat32

I just completed my first mod (pants templates) and I am looking forward to creating many more, but since I'm a competitive high school bball player in real life, I wont be consistently pouring in mods. Anyways, I know the jerseys in the game get a little boring, especially in year 2050 in your dynasty, so I'm creating a home and an an away concept jersey for hopefully each team. Since I'm from Texas, the Rangers will be first, then probably the Indians, Yankees, and the rest of the AL West. After that, yall can name some teams. Keep checking in!

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here are the parts of the file i created: belt loop piping, piping, the socks, and the stirrup option. I also helped organize and put them together.

spungo: white and grey layers

kc: pinstripes

the real credit goes to kc and spungo, but it took some time and effort on my part to put this together. its not like i just downloaded them and reposted them under my name. anyways, did u like the download?

If you were going to steal my work, you could have:

A. Asked me before stealing it

B. Improved upon my work

C. Both A and B

The correct answer is C.

You used my old crappy belt and belt loops, my old crappy Majestic pants logo, and what looks to be my pants texture (although it is hard to tell from your wonderfully re-sized preview picture). Then after all that I'm assuming you used the pinstripes from KC's templates. So this begs the question -- exactly what part of this mod is your work? So far, I count nothing...

sorry about that spungo, i thought it would help create uniforms. i did say the real credit went to you, but whoever deletes these things should delete it and we'll pretend this never happened

on another note here are jerseys coming soon and spungo, tell me if u dont want me to use these pant templates and ur accessories on them and i wont (and these are not ur jerseys, there kc's and i'm sure i'm not the only one to use his templates)

Instead of home and away for the Rangers, i made two home, since they already have three away jerseys.

and remember, i havent posted these yet, and if anyone has a problem, let me know

sorry about that spungo, i thought it would help create uniforms. i did say the real credit went to you, but whoever deletes these things should delete it and we'll pretend this never happened

Forget that your a thief? After this, I don't see anyone wanting your mods anyway.

I don't know if he is an outright thief. I just think he thought that by giving the fellas credit, it was okay to make modifications and release it. I will be leery of his future work, but I am not going to outright crucify him just yet.

Forget that your a thief? After this, I don't see anyone wanting your mods anyway.

ok, polk high i made a mistake, it was my first mod and i didnt think people were that serious, but they are. it wont happen again and if u dont want my mods u certainly dont have to download them

Why was I not notified

it was my first mod, i knew i was using some of ur stuff without ur permission, but it just didnt hit me of what i was doing. it wont happen again. if u dont want me using ur templates from the download section tell me.

it was my first mod, i knew i was using some of ur stuff without ur permission, but it just didnt hit me of what i was doing. it wont happen again. if u dont want me using ur templates from the download section tell me.

Dude, the reason people are pissed is because it isn't your mod. It is blatantly someone else's work. The templates are not yours to release.

Highheat32, I'm sure you are not an intentional thief, but here is the deal. I don't mod. I don't mod because of the tremendous amount of time and work that it takes to modify the original game files. The modders on this site are artists who give their time and work freely. And they give a hell of a lot of it. They have the right to get a little upset when their work is taken and altered without permission. When they do give permission it is to somebody who has proven they can do the job. And here's the real eye opener - you are not good enough yet to further modify the files on this site.

Here's my advice. Take an original file from the MVP CD and work on that. Give us something we need or don't already have. But it will have to be original and damn good to get the trust back.

Yeah relax guys. Don't know why people get so bent out of shape. A true artist would never take offense to plagiarism. Copying someone is the greatest complement! IMO nobody owns anything. Nobody asked the EA artists that created the original jerseys or 3d models. Nobody asked about using trademarks and logos etc. It took those grahic designers just as much work. We should all be accused of stealing. I don't get the whole permission thing. I personally think it's all to fulfill insecure egos. Without plagiarism the Beatles would have never of existed lol.

my 3 cents lol feel free blast me

Yeah relax guys. Don't know why people get so bent out of shape. A true artist would never take offense to plagiarism. Copying someone is the greatest complement! IMO nobody owns anything. Nobody asked the EA artists that created the original jerseys or 3d models. Nobody asked about using trademarks and logos etc. It took those grahic designers just as much work. We should all be accused of stealing. I don't get the whole permission thing. I personally think it's all to fulfill insecure egos. Without plagiarism the Beatles would have never of existed lol.

my 3 cents lol feel free blast me

Don't get me wrong, I mean, In general, I don't have a problem with someone taking my work and making it far better than the original, but when someone takes my work and makes little changes and passes it off as their own, that just doesn't fly.

Think of it as someone modifying your beloved Dodger Stadium. Everything is YOUR work. It's EA's base, sure but I'm sure you have modified it enough to the point where EA's version is barely recognizable. Now, let's say someone comes along and tweaks the grass, and uploads the entire stadium itself with YOUR ads, YOUR 3D edits, YOUR Crowd textures, claiming it's his work.

I know if that were to happen, you'd wish you could hurl fireballs, now wouldn't you?

Don't get me wrong, I mean, In general, I don't have a problem with someone taking my work and making it far better than the original, but when someone takes my work and makes little changes and passes it off as their own, that just doesn't fly.

Think of it as someone modifying your beloved Dodger Stadium. Everything is YOUR work. It's EA's base, sure but I'm sure you have modified it enough to the point where EA's version is barely recognizable. Now, let's say someone comes along and tweaks the grass, and uploads the entire stadium itself with YOUR ads, YOUR 3D edits, YOUR Crowd textures, claiming it's his work.

I know if that were to happen, you'd wish you could hurl fireballs, now wouldn't you?

good point KC, you earn 1 big cookie.

I wouldn't consider "Your" work specifically in that context. Sean O and PaulW are probably the only modders I can think of that I would use that term with.

I see EA's fingerprints on everything. What would your uniforms be without EA's wrinkled jersey base? Or without the 3d modeling? I'm not just trying to pick on you. I know you put a lot of hard work into your mods.

Pirate modded my version of Dodger stadium last year. I didn't mind one bit. I was flattered. The "Stadium Guru" wanted to mod my work! I still would have been fine even if he didn't ask for my permission. There was a time when I would have cared to take exception. If anyone stole my work I wouldn't be mad at all. I would be flattered that they thought it was so good that they want credit for it. -I also helped them create their vision.

I think yall are being a bit too harsh on this guy. You should be a little more supportive and less negative. I support anyone that wants to creative.

Iv'e experienced a lot of art and I have seen hundreds of blatant rippoffs. Art, music, writing or whatever doesn't move forward without ripping someone off.

I probably would be angered if that person were to make money off my work. Art isn't about the credit. It's about expressing what's in your mind. Seeing it come to life is all that matters.

I wouldn't consider "Your" work specifically in that context. Sean O and PaulW are probably the only modders I can think of that I would use that term with.

I see EA's fingerprints on everything. What would your uniforms be without EA's wrinkled jersey base? Or without the 3d modeling? I'm not just trying to pick on you. I know you put a lot of hard work into your mods.

Pirate modded my version of Dodger stadium last year. I didn't mind one bit. I was flattered. The "Stadium Guru" wanted to mod my work! I still would have been fine even if he didn't ask for my permission. There was a time when I would have cared to take exception. If anyone stole my work I wouldn't be mad at all. I would be flattered that they thought it was so good that they want credit for it. -I also helped them create their vision.

I think yall are being a bit too harsh on this guy. You should be a little more supportive and less negative. I support anyone that wants to creative.

Iv'e experienced a lot of art and I have seen hundreds of blatant rippoffs. Art, music, writing or whatever doesn't move forward without ripping someone off.

I probably would be angered if that person were to make money off my work. Art isn't about the credit. It's about expressing what's in your mind. Seeing it come to life is all that matters.

nice read.

Archived