Stadium Design Contest

NYM

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey does anyone have an idea for what team i should create it for? i was thinking about the cubs but it was a nightmare to replace mine with wrigley

How about a team that hasn't had a new stadium in awhile? Let's see, Boston? Or how about a team that has a new ballpark but it doesn't look that good? Like the White Sox.

First off, thank you for the kudos.

Second, I actually started it a couple of weeks ago, it was just a coincidence that this competition started.

And lastly, the reason it's so generic is because that's kind of what I was going for because it would be easiest. If I make anymore stadiums I'll try to make them a bit more unique.

Construction is progressing nicely on Portland Memorial. Workers have constructed most of the first auxiliary buildings outside the grounds of the stadium.

bauhausyq0.th.jpg

The stadium itself is structurally complete, and is awaiting just the seats before workers begin on the exterior curtain walls and touching up the concourses.

portland2su9.th.jpg

Why don't you post something before critiquing someone else, yeah? Or, be constructive, instead of just being blatantly unhelpful.

I think you misunderstand. He said it looks very Gen. Eric, meaning it's a fitting place for me to call my army together before taking over the world.

--Eric

I use Vectorworks 11 with Spotlight and Architect, then touch up images with Paint Shop Pro 10.

A word of caution, you'd have to be insane to do something in Oedit. It's too limited of a program to possibly make any headway in the matter of a few days, so you'd be better served by downloading a trial of PSP and working out something there.

i tried Autodesk Maya but it requires all of this information and it isn worth it...

Use Google Sketchup. It's a free program that's very user friendly and relatively easy to pick up. I've seen some really nice designs made using this (1000x better than mine).

heres a stadium that i started making a while back. it is clearly not finished and only has one deck, but i guess ill try to finish it for this contest

dimensions:

left: 330ft, 20ft high

left center: 375ft, 20ft high

center: 400ft, 8ft high

right center: 370ft, 8ft high

right: 330ft, 8ft high

Wow, I can't even make the darn tiers in the first place on sketchup let alone make it structurally efficient. I made the lower tier very large and steep, and then made the upper tier a lot smaller. The tiers also curve around into center field. I tried to make it ind of like my take on a modern-day Ebbets field, not very well though, mind you:

screen1-1.jpg

screen2-1.jpg

screen3-2.jpg

edit: I just realized that the right field foul line is incredibly short. So what to do? Make left field incredibly big, of course. Logic at it's best:

dimensions.jpg

Archived