Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Kccitystar

Turn off Xfire.I turned it off and the game worked for me.Hopefully it works for you.

Did turn it off and same results. Now I don't see MVP Baseball installed in my Add Remove Programs list even thought it's still installed.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, is there a way to play Owner Mode with a No-CD crack? It crashes while playing/simulating a game...

I'm sorry, but you will not get any help nor will you ask again about help for a cracked version of this game. This also includes the No-CD patch, which is illegal.

Please read the rules because you should be familiar with them already.

No warez or cracks or links to such content.

Help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention of copyright measures are forbidden. This includes linking to illegally obtained software, movies & music files - posting about it, and suggesting obtaining it.

I know that it's normally illegal but not in my case.

Since I'm in Europe and it's tough here to buy it my friend in america bought it and gave it to me via rapidshare. So everything is legal ;)

(I'm sure that some people's CDs were destroyed and they have to play with a no-CD crack despite having bought the game.

I know that it's normally illegal but not in my case.

Since I'm in Europe and it's tough here to buy it my friend in america bought it and gave it to me via rapidshare. So everything is legal ;)

(I'm sure that some people's CDs were destroyed and they have to play with a no-CD crack despite having bought the game.

Sorry bud, that is quite illegal. If your friend had purchased it and sent you the disc's then it would be. However in your case that is piracy.

I'm having an overlay problem. I downloaded Trues' MVPMods (New) Overlay and my game crashes at Citizens Bank Park after showing the visiting pitcher.

This happened with a previous overlay in Dodger Stadium also. This is a great looking overlay and I don't wanna have to take it out! I'd appreciate some support.

I'm having an overlay problem. I downloaded Trues' MVPMods (New) Overlay and my game crashes at Citizens Bank Park after showing the visiting pitcher.

This happened with a previous overlay in Dodger Stadium also. This is a great looking overlay and I don't wanna have to take it out! I'd appreciate some support.

I bet you used this overlay in the 08 mod, am I right?

I can't get this overlay to work in the 08 mod but it works in every other conversion mod I have. I have no idea why.

Hey all, my problem is that whenever I try to play a game it crashes. It crashes right at the halfway point of the game loading screen. That was after I downloaded KG's 7.1 rosters. I was a big idiot and didn't read all the way and put the files in the database folder before downloading MVP 08.

So I downloaded 08 and put KG's 7.1 roster in it again, with the same crashing issue. I'm not sure if it's the rosters that are the issue, that was just my assumption. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I have checked all my security and turned it off, but still no luck. Also after it crashed the first time and reinstalled MVP 05. Then I downloaded MVP 08. It also crashes during Mini Games, Homerun Derby, etc.

• 1 month later...

My game crashes everytime i try to play, sim, or manage my third game in my dynasty.

Im in my second Year.

Im using TC10, Fantasty Draft.

Crashes around the 7th inning when im playing.

Crashes after i try to end the game after simming/managing.

• 4 weeks later...

i have 08 mod, ksm datafile and kg roster 7.2 installed - all via tit. now, my game is crashing when i try to play some stadiums. i play as red sox so the game crashes at fenway night (dusk is ok), both yankee, wrigley night, and texas both. it works ok on fenway dusk, and both oakland stadiums. i'm just 10 games into my dinasty so i haven't checked other stadiums. oh, and i have new mets citi field and it crashes too. any ideas?

Hey all, my problem is that whenever I try to play a game it crashes. It crashes right at the halfway point of the game loading screen. That was after I downloaded KG's 7.1 rosters. I was a big idiot and didn't read all the way and put the files in the database folder before downloading MVP 08.

So I downloaded 08 and put KG's 7.1 roster in it again, with the same crashing issue. I'm not sure if it's the rosters that are the issue, that was just my assumption. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I have checked all my security and turned it off, but still no luck. Also after it crashed the first time and reinstalled MVP 05. Then I downloaded MVP 08. It also crashes during Mini Games, Homerun Derby, etc.

May be a models.big messup or something wrong with the stadium. If you downloaded the plus KG roster, you should download MVP 08 and get the models.big file.

i have 08 mod, ksm datafile and kg roster 7.2 installed - all via tit. now, my game is crashing when i try to play some stadiums. i play as red sox so the game crashes at fenway night (dusk is ok), both yankee, wrigley night, and texas both. it works ok on fenway dusk, and both oakland stadiums. i'm just 10 games into my dinasty so i haven't checked other stadiums. oh, and i have new mets citi field and it crashes too. any ideas?

When does it crash? If it crashes at the defensive alignment screen, it might be the overlay.

Sometimes the game crashes when I try to steal a base... It's rare, but pisses me off -_-

I don't know about that one. I've stolen 100+ in 109 dynasty games.

it crashes after the loading screen. the bar fills up and then it crashes. and only in certain stadiums.

On the stadiums that it's crashing in, have you tried copying the original stadiums from the disk just to make sure that's what it is? I've had this happen and have to either download a different version of the stadium, or just play the series in an entirely different stadium to be able to continue the dynasty.

i don't have backed up stadiums, just the ones that came with 08 mod. i'll install the original game and try them out.

You don't need to install the game to get the default '05 stadiums.

From the FAQ:

I messed up/moved/deleted/can't find a file, where can I get it? Do I have to ask someone to send me it?

No, you don't. You can get any file from the original game CD's. The default game .exe file, as well as the default stadiums and some of the audio is located on CD 2, and pretty much everything else is on CD 1. Just open the CD folder on your system and copy the default file from the CD. Some files, such as the default rosters, are contained inside a file named compressed.zip on CD 1. The same applies here, just extract any files you need from the .zip file.

Archived