Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Kccitystar

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have members from Venezuela, Austria and Russia all over this group, so don't expect a pity party because you live in Bosnia.

pity?

hahahhahahaha!!!! :yahoo:

as I said, you are AWARE about my country. comparing it with austria?

:yahoo:

you just KNOW stuff, baby. :crazy:

I also know about comparing it to Venezuela, which, if I remember my current events correctly, is in much more national termoil than Bosnia and Herzegovina. I input Austria due to a distance issue vs a political one. But nonetheless, get the game and we can help you.

If you don't buy the game,

no_soup_for_you.png

alrightie, my bad - I should've said I'm using the original. :good:

You may not like the fact that we don't provide support for pirated software, but the point is, we do it to protect this site. If we start providing support to those who download the software (which is illegal and violates U.S. copyright law), it makes it look like we condone that action. Doing so could open MVPMods up to prosecution and at a minimum, Trues would most likely be forced to shutdown the site. You may not like our policy, but It's just not worth the risk and having to shutdown the website would penalize those who purchased the game legally.

on top of what jim said, in order to pirate a game, someone needs to hack it and break essential protection to the game. thus, you can't be surprised when it doesn't work like it's supposed to because a necessary part of the game is missing. seeing as this site doesn't condone this use, the users here don't know jack about these hacks, so you're not going to get much help anyhow. if you want it to work, you need to find a way to get a working copy.

wow! thanks for the answer, since i'm sure you are all AWARE HOW EASY it is to buy original game from f* Bosnia. :hi:

I've been here for over six years now and this is the first time someone used this excuse to justify downloading this game illegally. I'm sorry that you have to live in Bosnia. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Except you of course.

alrightie, my bad - I should've said I'm using the original.

Too late for that now. Since we are now AWARE HOW EASY it is to buy the original version of the game don't bother coming back in five days and telling us you somehow, someway got a hold of the original CD's by trading two of your goats for it.

Too late for that now. Since we are now AWARE HOW EASY it is to buy the original version of the game don't bother coming back in five days and telling us you somehow, someway got a hold of the original CD's by trading two of your goats for it.

I'll trade one of my copies of MVP for 2 goats and a picture of the hottest woman in your village. :D

First of all, thanks for the two latter POLITE answers. secondly, i DO understand copyright policies and laws- but it made me curious on how different mods change the gameplay. I, of course, will continue playing my patched version from torrents, enjoying the new datafile.big + reboot and re-play it again - and will try to update the game on my own. but the fact is, what if I posted my question by saying I do use the original game - and some of the advices made it work again, smoothly, somehow? do you ask people to type in the serial of the game or what? And again, I found this forum and some of the files very interesting and helpful - but excuse me for being curious. We here have troubles obeying the law. :spiteful:

We here have troubles obeying the law. :spiteful:

I believe it. Your country is full of people who obey the law. And if they don't you'll start another war and force them to obey.

First of all, thanks for the two latter POLITE answers. secondly, i DO understand copyright policies and laws- but it made me curious on how different mods change the gameplay. I, of course, will continue playing my patched version from torrents, enjoying the new datafile.big + reboot and re-play it again - and will try to update the game on my own. but the fact is, what if I posted my question by saying I do use the original game - and some of the advices made it work again, smoothly, somehow? do you ask people to type in the serial of the game or what? And again, I found this forum and some of the files very interesting and helpful - but excuse me for being curious.

Mods do change the game play because what mods actually are is an alteration of the game itself. Some mods will work on your system. Some will have trouble. But you are going to have more trouble playing them on a pirated version. Sorry that is how it is. And I hope you understand that we can not give you technical support anymore for your game problems from here on out. Like I tell everyone that has a pirated game, it is not personal. This is something we have to do.

...yeah, yeah I get it. I guess the word "pity" from Missouri gave me some bad jolts. I hosted dozens of American supervisors and army officers just after the war who thought Bosnians communicate like Bushmans - and/or are illiterate. Some of them even thought cyrilic letter was extraterrestrial, our cuisine unhealthy and toxic. Hell, those guys even thought we usually live in houses made of clay. But that was then. :rolleyes:

...yeah, yeah I get it. I guess the word "pity" from Missouri gave me some bad jolts. I hosted dozens of American supervisors and army officers just after the war who thought Bosnians communicate like Bushmans - and/or are illiterate. Some of them even thought cyrilic letter was extraterrestrial, our cuisine unhealthy and toxic. Hell, those guys even thought we usually live in houses made of clay. But that was then. :rolleyes:

Despite what he said it doesn't take away anything from you want here. We can't give you support and it is not because it is you or where you live, because we don't discriminate for that. As he said we have users from all over the world who are on here and own this game. You would be surprised with the following we have in the Far East and in the Latin American countries.

This game is tough to get now because it is expensive. And just because you live in Bosnia doesn't mean it is tougher for you. You could get this game today from online sites like Amazon but you had better be ready to overpay for the damn thing and overpay a lot.

I'm aware of that, man, and I got your NO the first time you said it. I'm okay with that. Off topic: I understand baseball is in expansion in Japan/Korea or Latin America, I can see by the nationalities of players in the real game -and of course, I bet on both mlb, mexican and japanese leagues. Being asked by my friends over here, why do I stay up in the night watching three or more hours of that dull game - I had no answer. To me it's more interesting than NFL, more manly than NBA, and more polite than NHL. I understand Americans want to take their families to a ballgame and spend 3-4 hours out together, 90 minutes of soccer game isn't just long enough. It usually takes hours and hours for me to try to explain the rules of baseball to them. But when I tell them it's a variation of cricket, and of course - made by English, they kinda dig it. As long as it has European roots, its good. That's why baseball has no future over here, unfortunately.

It usually takes hours and hours for me to try to explain the rules of baseball to them. But when I tell them it's a variation of cricket, and of course - made by English, they kinda dig it. As long as it has European roots, its good. That's why baseball has no future over here, unfortunately.

Oh well. To be brutally honest that is not my concern at all. But I am happy that you understand what I meant about your game. Have a wonderful life.

• 1 month later...

I have an 07 mod and when I try to get past the 3rd game of my owner mode or dynasty, the simming bar freezes and i cant do anything except shut down the program. this happens even if i play the game; the same thing happnes after the game is finished

• 1 month later...

Hello there. I found out about this and whipped out my old discs to try it. Attempted to install once, crashed, so I started over, played a game or two at each phase. After reinstalling, after installing '08, and then after installing 2010 rosters + faces. It seemed to work fine until the 2010 rosters and faces.

Might part of this may be because when I open 2010.7z in TiT (Homer Cyberfaces), the "installing textures and other files" just sits there and never completes?

That does sound suspicious. Did you try playing any games after you installed the '08 mod (and before you tried installing the 2010 rosters and faces)? Also, have you tried posting your question over at MLBMods.com? Since that's where the files came from, the guys there may have a better idea of what is going on.

Tried to reinstall today, and it turns out that it crashes after the installation of 2008, usually after a game or so but occasionally loading the first game.

This is weird, I played 2005 ever since it came out, and it's a legit copy. I don't get it.

Alright, I uninstalled everything and deleted the EA Sports folder.

I installed MVP05 vanilla off my discs, tried a few games, all was well.

I then installed the .net and C++ whatever for TiT, then opened "08_WS_release.TiT" (the 08 mod I dl'd) and installed that. I then opened it up, played the first inning of a game, quit to switch to different teams, and it crashed. I tried again and similar results.

Archived