Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Kccitystar

I have now installed the game twice, it loads to the box screen, then my screen goes black and I get the "MVP Baseball 2005 requires directX 9 and hardware graphics acceleration". It worked on my Windows XP computer, but it wont work on my Windows 7 64bit computer. In the past I even installed DirectX 9 and it still didn't work, before that it had the most updated version of DirectX 9.

But besides that I have played other games on my computer and they worked fine, such as NBA2k11.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I updated and checked all the cyberfaces, including the managers, and everything worked fine. I had my Yankee dynasty going good until April 16th when I went to play the Tampa Bay Rays. After selecting a pitcher, the lineup, and the stadium I click to continue into the game and it crashes. So I went back into the game and tried to play an exhibition. That worked no problem. I went back into the dynasty, quick simmed the Tampa Bay games, and preceded to try and play against the Toronto Blue Jays. It does the same thing. Any suggestions as to why this does not work? Thank you.

When you played an exhibition game was it Yankee vs. Rays? if not try that if you crash, probably a cyberface issue.....

If you are using Grmprs rosters, there has been issues with the minor league teams being messed up, and you may have to look into that. (im no expert, just trying to help)

I have now installed the game twice, it loads to the box screen, then my screen goes black and I get the "MVP Baseball 2005 requires directX 9 and hardware graphics acceleration". It worked on my Windows XP computer, but it wont work on my Windows 7 64bit computer. In the past I even installed DirectX 9 and it still didn't work, before that it had the most updated version of DirectX 9.

But besides that I have played other games on my computer and they worked fine, such as NBA2k11.

From what I have heard, this game does work with Win7. you may have to tweak some window settings though. Have you tried running it in XP compatability? (i dunno how to do this, but ive seen it suggested in the past)

I'm having trouble because MVP is crashing. Im finishing new version of my roster, but games crash now when I click the 'advance' button after selecting the stadium where I want to play exhibition game.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Sure sounds like a cyber face conflict AR. I hate it when that happens. (and it happens to me alot lol)

From what I have heard, this game does work with Win7. you may have to tweak some window settings though. Have you tried running it in XP compatability? (i dunno how to do this, but ive seen it suggested in the past)

Thanks, I think I tried in XP mode back a while ago when I first got the game, but I'll try it again and give a update on how that turns out.

Sure sounds like a cyber face conflict AR. I hate it when that happens. (and it happens to me alot lol)

thanks :) thats sucks, i try to find out problem, that in game menu a tried to edit some players, but no one is crashing :)

thanks :) thats sucks, i try to find out problem, that in game menu a tried to edit some players, but no one is crashing :)

Open up the roster in MVPEdit, turn on the option to view faces, go to the Attributes (I think that's what it is called) tab and then scroll through each player on each team one at a time, looking at the face that shows up in MVPEdit. If the face number is anything other than 901-915 and you do not see a face appear, then that is the player (or one of the players) causing the problem. It shouldn't take long to do this. That is the first thing I do whenever I experience a crash immediately after selecting the stadium to play in.

Open up the roster in MVPEdit, turn on the option to view faces, go to the Attributes (I think that's what it is called) tab and then scroll through each player on each team one at a time, looking at the face that shows up in MVPEdit. If the face number is anything other than 901-915 and you do not see a face appear, then that is the player (or one of the players) causing the problem. It shouldn't take long to do this. That is the first thing I do whenever I experience a crash immediately after selecting the stadium to play in.

thanks Jim, but i do this and game is still crashing :) four months of work is in ( . )

:D

What facepack are you using? Also, did you check to see what faces are assigned to the managers and then confirm whether they are in the models.big file? You can assign manager faces in MVPEdit, but there is now way to view them in MVPEdit. You have to look at the models.big file to see if they are installed there.

I still have the roster you sent me recently, but have not had a chance to look at it yet. I'll try to find some time tonight.

What facepack are you using? Also, did you check to see what faces are assigned to the managers and then confirm whether they are in the models.big file? You can assign manager faces in MVPEdit, but there is now way to view them in MVPEdit. You have to look at the models.big file to see if they are installed there.

I still have the roster you sent me recently, but have not had a chance to look at it yet. I'll try to find some time tonight.

thanks very much for help Jim, but theres no hurry pls :) i try to do some testing attempts and i hope that i found out an error. im using clean install of MVP, no mods and roster wasnt crashing.

once more thanks for your effort :)

OK I have tried in XP mode, Vista mode, and Windows 2000 mode, none have worked, box screen still loads then my screen goes black and I get the same pop up screen about DirectX 9 & hardware graphics acceleration. I even tweaked all of my graphics card settings, and it still wont work. Can anyone confirm the game has worked on Windows 7 64bit, and if so did anything have to be done for it to work?

My PC is a HP, with AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.00GHz, 8.00GB RAM, Windows 7, 64bit, was new as of June 2010.

My graphics card is a ATI Radeon HD 5450

• 2 weeks later...

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this...whenever the "simulating up to your game" box appears, it freezes and the music stops and it won't do anything. I tried quick simming all of the minor league games so I don't have the problem, but then after the game it does it again and freezes. I only have the TL 32 rosters installed, no other mods.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this...whenever the "simulating up to your game" box appears, it freezes and the music stops and it won't do anything. I tried quick simming all of the minor league games so I don't have the problem, but then after the game it does it again and freezes. I only have the TL 32 rosters installed, no other mods.

Sounds like a game problem. Did you download Mvp 05 by any chance?

Sounds like a game problem. Did you download Mvp 05 by any chance?

No, I bought it legally. I played a few games of the season and they worked fine, but now all of a sudden this is happening. The weird thing is,

it doesn't happen all the time, only about 90% of the time.

I was able to sim all the way through a season with the Marlins. I do have the 08 mod installed, but clearly the roster wasn't pulling from the cyberfaces. What team did you use? Maybe try copying over only the 19 .dat files. Or did you use the enclosed .sav file?

try download newest version of my roster, i simmed season and Jim825 too, without any crash.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6244

in 3.2 version, i think that there was some problem with Mike Minor from ATL roster, that he caused crash :(

try download newest version of my roster, i simmed season and Jim825 too, without any crash.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6244

in 3.2 version, i think that there was some problem with Mike Minor from ATL roster, that he caused crash :(

Hey thanks a lot man, I will try it.

• 3 months later...

I am able to only play 1 game then the game crashes on me. any tips?

You should give more information on what type of install you have and any additional mods you may have added. Also, at what point does it crash after one game? Exhibition? Franchise? Details are needed.

hey sorry i wasnt very specific. I have the 07 mods as well as a few stadiums that i downloaded from here. I have a copy i received as a xmas gift so i know it was from the store. Whenever i do an owners mode game (whether i sim or not), as well as an exhibition matchup it seems to crash on me. I havent tried dynasty mode yet. I just found the game again today and i know i havent played in a while lol. any advice would be great.

Archived