Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Kccitystar

I have been having troubles with installing new updated rosters and having the game crash to desktop. I downloaded some new stadium updates and it works fine. I then tried to install a roster up. The update took, but as it loaded further, the game crashed. It never used to. If it matters, I use Windows XP Home. Thanks for any info.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've been playing MVP 05 for a couple years now, just the other day decided to join up here and give one of the roster updates a go, similarly to the guy above I unzipped and copied across the roster files and didn't install any other updates, mod packs or cyberfaces, and the game crashes when I try to load a match. Menu's and everything else works fine, just can't play actual matches with the new rosters. When I load up my old saved roster it still works. Any suggestion as to how to get around this? And is it possible for me to use both my saved old roster and a new downloaded one in conjunction? Cheers.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey so occasionally my game crashes during my dynasty mode. Sometimes it happens when im simming up to a certain date. Sometimes it happens when I'm simming games on an individual day. I can always get around it by just playing or managing the games on those days. However now i's crashing while I try to advance to the next day. Any ideas?

Hey so occasionally my game crashes during my dynasty mode. Sometimes it happens when im simming up to a certain date. Sometimes it happens when I'm simming games on an individual day. I can always get around it by just playing or managing the games on those days. However now i's crashing while I try to advance to the next day. Any ideas?

You got to provide a lot more detail so the experts in here can figure out what's going on.

What team are you using? What mod is this? If it is the 08 mod, what roster are you using? Have you updated cyberfaces recently? Answers to those questions could help solve this.

I'm playing as the Mets. It's the 08 mod, BaseUp2012 Phase 2 rosters. I have MVP 12 walk up music, MVP 12 pitch selector overlay, citifield, marlins park, the 2012 schedule, 45 jed players 2012 update, 2011 facepack 2, bigger pitch meter, and mvpmusic12

When did you start the dynasty -- before or after you installed these mods? Installing mods with a dynasty already in progress can sometime cause problems, depending upon the mod being installed.

Some were before and some were after. But I tried starting a new one and it still freezes on various days.

EDIT: So I uninstalled and started clean. Downloaded the 08 mod. What would you guys say is the most basic, least-likely-to-crash stuff I can use? Also, on an unrelated note, this probably belongs elsewhere but is there any way to use the year changer from the 94 mod on the 08 mod? Because whenever I tried to use it, the folder that held the year changer was empty. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hello, and I installed a clean MVP 2005 with just the 5 patches installed, then MVP12 mod only. No other mods. I have an Alienware Aurora A3 with Windows 7, 64 bit. Tried to run as administrator, tried to run under Win XP SP2. Game kicks out to desktop. Every time. Is it possible that MVP05 is incompatible with my make of computer?

If there's anything you need to ask me that I didn't answer here, I will endeavor to answer to best of my ability.

Hery Guys: I am having a wierd problem with Justin Masterson. When I schedule him to pitch after the game loads and the players are running out on the field the game locks up when they are introducing the lineup for the Indians. However, if I use any other pitcher the problem does not occur. I am using the Windows 7 Pro program and the roster is the 4.5B with the applicable MBE file that was downloaded in the 4.0 version. Anybody got any ideas how to keep the game from vrashing when Masterson pitches? He is assigned face number 795 as it should be. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.......Palooka1

The mbe file is not essential for the game, only for use in MVPedit. If you can use MVPedit and if you can change Masterson's face to a generic (901-915), try that, save the dat files, put in your appropriate folder and see if it is in fact the cyberface.

Avengers....you do not need anything past patch #2. Try to re-install with only that and then the MVP12 TC mod.

• 6 months later...

so i got mvp 05 it worked so i closed out and tried to install mvp 12 it didn't work. to be more spesific i open it up and u see the screen where i think roger clemens is talking to his catcher then it opens up to a full backscreen and the mouse spins in a blue circle then it say mvp2005.exe has stopped working a problem caused the the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avalible. i'm running windows 7 ultimate. here is what i tried.

1: tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it= didn't work same problem

2: tried complete uninstalling it with clean my pc= same thing

3: tried installing on a friends pc= worked perfectly

4: tried installing in progam files instead of program file 86= didn't work same thing

so i got mvp 05 it worked so i closed out and tried to install mvp 12 it didn't work. to be more spesific i open it up and u see the screen where i think roger clemens is talking to his catcher then it opens up to a full backscreen and the mouse spins in a blue circle then it say mvp2005.exe has stopped working a problem caused the the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avalible. i'm running windows 7 ultimate. here is what i tried.

4: tried installing in progam files instead of program file 86= didn't work same thing

Where did you download the game from? Did they give you any instructions?

i have the discs, in perfect condishion

That's good because a lot of times that is the problem.

Did you be sure to install Mvp 12 over a clean copy of Mvp 05? What I mean to say is that you need to install this mod over a newly installed copy of the game that has no mods in it and you get that from a copy right off the discs.

That's good because a lot of times that is the problem.

Did you be sure to install Mvp 12 over a clean copy of Mvp 05? What I mean to say is that you need to install this mod over a newly installed copy of the game that has no mods in it and you get that from a copy right off the discs.

yes i did, i just bought the game than istalled it, so no it was a clean version

• 4 weeks later...

Ok let´s see, first time this happens to me, I use Daflyboys latest rosters, the game runs perfectly, but when I try to insert some players from other rosters, the game crash when I try to play any game, I really don´t know why because I have done this several times (insert player...minor leaguers usually) they don´t have cyberfaces ID, so that´s not the problem, when I delete those player the game once again runs perfectly... any tips to solve this?

yes i did, i just bought the game than istalled it, so no it was a clean version

Did you install at least the official patch #3 first, then the MVP12 mod? Please be specific on what you're doing step by step.

I think you answered your own question several posts back (depending on what type of rig your friend is running):

i'm running windows 7 ultimate. here is what i tried.

So, if you can somehow partition your HDD or install a small second HDD with something like XP and boot via that, it might work. I would guess your friend's PC is not Win7 Ultimate, but you didn't say.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all, long time, no see. Hope you guys have been well.

I'm back because...it's opening day!

I reinstalled my copy of MVP 2005 today and installed MVP 2012...everything seemed to work well. I started a dynasty and simmed through 3 months, nothing was breaking, all was good. Then I installed tugofca's MVP Roster 2013 and started a new dynasty. It crashed after simming through the first game (the transition on April 11th to April 12th). Any thoughts? I tried another roster and got the same problem.

Ultimately, if I have to play with 2012 rosters, not a massive deal, but I would love to be playing with Justin Upton at the Ted (I have moved in my time since last playing MVP and 'switched allegiances').

Also, I am on Windows 7 Ultimate if that makes a difference. I swear I used to play on Win7 and not have problems.

I had the same issue with the game crashing on April 11. I wanted to uninstall MVP and reinstall the game along with the correct patches, and MVP12 mods. I reinstalled the game, with Patch 3. Before I installed MVP 12 again, I launched the game just to see if it launched with the update, but when the game loads, it is MVP12 again. I deleted all of the files on my pc that have anything to do with MVP, and it still comes up as MVP12 when I launch just the game with Patch 3. Any insight on why this is happening?

Archived