Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Kccitystar

No I downloaded it. I have used this copy before with the no cd crack that came with it before. Maybe about a year ago. But now no luck. When I start it, my resolution changes, sometimes I see the first loading screen for maybe half a second at the most, then it crashes.

Well that explains it. The pirated -or download version- of the game is lacking something. I don't know what it is but all I do know is that it causes problems for people who use it.

At the same time though you will not receive any more support in here for any questions you have with the game. That is because we do not help out people who did not buy the game. I understand it is expensive to obtain now but we can't. And if you read the rule you would have known it yourself:

· No warez or cracks or links to such content.

Help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention of copyright measures are forbidden. This includes linking to illegally obtained software, movies & music files - posting about it, and suggesting obtaining it.

This will be posted in the other thread too just to make sure you see it.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without any crack or update the game worked fine a year ago but ya I figured your post was coming. Way to expensive to buy though. Anywhere to buy a digital copy online?

There is no digital copy for this game. Your only option is to pick it up second hand like on eBay.

The reason why they charge so much for it is because of the quantity and quality of the mods made for this game right here on this website.

• 2 months later...

I'm at game 5 of the first year of a Cardinals dynasty. The game crashed four straight times tonight.

Cards vs. Pirates, Garcia vs. Volquez

1 - Fourth batter of the game (Craig) when the ump called a ball.

2 - Unknown (it was a Cardinal), but it was right as the ump called a ball...

3 - Second batter of the game (Bourjous) when the ump called a ball.

4 - Nineteenth batter of the game (Holliday) when the ump called a ball (3rd inning).

The last time I had to perform a hard power down. Each time was on a called ball while I was at bat. The audio began skipping on an endless loop.

I've had no other problems up to this point. It was a clean MVP install on an XP machine. No patches, I actually thought the MVP '12 conversion called for a clean install - meaning no patches or that patches were included in the conversion... Baseup Rosters 2014 Final.

I recently installed a new video card with HDMI, so there were audio and video drivers installed. I've only played one other full game after the install, but with no issues (I don't get to play much). I'll do some more testing, disabling the video card, etc., just figured I'd post here for the experts, see if any of it sounds familiar before I reinstall. Maybe it is simply one of the announcer audio files giving me an issue. Will disable that audio as well.

Maybe I just need to make sure to swing at every pitch...

Sometimes new equipment and/or drivers don't like older games. But to be clear, are you saying you've had this crash SINCE installing the new vid card, etc.? I got a little lost in the order in which things happened. I take it the machine is still running XP.

Yes, still running XP. It's an older machine/mobo (Dell Dimension E310 from '06 or '07?), so I had to go with a PCI video card. It's a 512MB GeForce 8400, so nothing too high tech. I assumed it was an old card, but it was first available on Amazon in 2013, so they must still be making new PCI cards... Since the video card install, I played one full game (season, also Cards vs. Pirates) to test the graphics with no issues. Last night was only the second time playing since the card install.

Tried a clean install of MVP with Patch 5. Added MVP 2013 Conversion, then brought in the Baseup 2014 Rosters FINAL version. Crashed in all three exhibition games (Cards/Pirates - Garcia/Volquez) I played, each time on hits to the outfield after playing a couple of innings.

Sucks if it is the video card, since I bought it solely to use the machine for MVP...

Are you able to rule anything out? For example, recently I was crashing with Reds versus various teams. But before determining that it was something with the Reds roster or a Red cyberface, I played in a different stadium and seemed to isolate to GABP. Try to sim an entire season..... usually if you can get past April, you can rule out that it is probably the roster and something in game, like a stadium, uniform, cyberface, etc.

I'm crashing too. Windows 7. I can't seem to get past simulating minor league games to get to my next big league game. I hit quick sim and crash. Once in a while I'll finish playing a game and when I hit done...crash.

Any ideas what I need to do?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm crashing too. Windows 7. I can't seem to get past simulating minor league games to get to my next big league game. I hit quick sim and crash. Once in a while I'll finish playing a game and when I hit done...crash.

Any ideas what I need to do?

download this and patch mvp2005.exe

mvp.rar

This seems like an interesting patch for multimedia, graphics oriented programs, but what I don't understand is that why this is a fix for MVP. Wouldn't 2GB of memory be more than adequate for a game that was designed when most PC's probably didn't use that? I don't think that the specs call for the need of 2GB's, let alone 4. Can you elaborate?

Addendum: interesting read on this. I don't understand everything they are saying here, but I think they are supporting my point:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/31049-63-patch-patch

• 3 weeks later...

This seems like an interesting patch for multimedia, graphics oriented programs, but what I don't understand is that why this is a fix for MVP. Wouldn't 2GB of memory be more than adequate for a game that was designed when most PC's probably didn't use that? I don't think that the specs call for the need of 2GB's, let alone 4. Can you elaborate?

Addendum: interesting read on this. I don't understand everything they are saying here, but I think they are supporting my point:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/31049-63-patch-patch

i tested 4gb patch many times with mvp,my game only work with this patch..if i dont patch exe file my game is crashing on loading screan

Had a strange crash with MVP 13 using Pittsburgh/St. Louis, but I think it was related to Pittsburgh. Game just locked up/froze within about an inning. Confirmed it wasn't a stadium either. Couldn't tell what it was, so I re-installed MVP12 and updated with everything I needed and no problems.

Also, discovered that you can apply Grass Changer, but, at least on W7, the program will act like it needs to close, however upon doing that multiple times, it continues through and does mod the stadium grass to the non-shimmer look. I'm gonna experiment with Field Changer next.

I'm about 22 games into a Colorado Rockies dynasty using MVP 13, Already player A and MLB game up next would be AA, weather I play it or sim it, it will say loading to next game with the loading bar but instead of loading the bar sits black and the game freezes completely. I have the actual game disk I play off of, I have tried a fresh install and then installing MVP 13 and then doing the 2014 schedule, then add daflys current roster, then add the 2014 overlay. I tested trying original overlay and confirmed that's not the issue, I can also play games in play now, its just that one game in my dynasty/season that won't go forward. I run windows 7 professional. Any help or advice would be greatly accepted.

Pumacat91

Start a new season with the very same rosters (provided you didn't do any changes within the season itself, which is not preferable and can cause crashes). Try to sim all the way through the season with injuries/suspensions off (turn rainouts off while your at it). If you still get a freeze, again provided you didn't alter the roster in or out of the game, then it could be a cyberface, stadium, etc.

Side note: once the game starts up, it doesn't run off the disk. The disk simply initiates the game. You can pop the disk out to save wear and tear if your cd tray happens to keep spinning it.

I went in started a new season/dynasty with Colorado, turned injury's, rain outs and suspensions off. I went and simmed to the end of season and it froze with 107 games left. I even left the year at 2005, did no trades just went straight to schedule and simmed.

I'm not seeing in your earlier entry what you did regarding cyberfaces. Did you add Homer's latest pack and use BaseUp! Rosters Phase 3, Ver. 3? I just simmed using COL and the above conditions and was able to get through the year. Try that combination of face pack and rosters with the stuff turned off we already mentioned.

As an alternative, if you can't get things working let me know to what date (in 2005) you want things simmed and I can UL the .sav file to see if you can further progress. I would assume you'd want it with 106 games remaining.

2ai2a0i.jpg

Well good news after giving a new contract to one of my players in AA, I finally was able to quick sim through the game and successfully played part way and sim the rest of the AAA game. The bad news is when it try to simulate up to the days game, the green line loads little bit that freezes. I'm going to try again and see what it does.Oh and no I have never loaded cyber faces in my game, just loaded the latest baseup roster, overlay2014 and 2014 schedule also moved the game year to 2014.

Archived