Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Kccitystar

Thank you daflyboys for all your help, I may have fixed the problem, I ran it in compatibility mode and its running much better now, hopefully that was the issue lol. If there is anything I can do to help out with your next roster update hit me up, id love to help out especially in the minor league teams.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you daflyboys for all your help, I may have fixed the problem, I ran it in compatibility mode and its running much better now, hopefully that was the issue lol. If there is anything I can do to help out with your next roster update hit me up, id love to help out especially in the minor league teams.

Puma91, I was following this thread. That's why I told you to bring your question out here because the people in here like daflyboys are very knowledgeable.

I hope you have no more problems with your game. You've been through enough.

Like Y4L said, there's lots of great people around here and he's one of them (and some who have left who hopefully may be back one day). Glad it worked out.

As far as rosters, as long as I'm doing them I'm always up for somebody working on the minor leagues. I'll be releasing one last set for the end of the season (starting on that soon) and as I've said before, I'm fine with someone taking the roster set and then running with it for a Minor Leagues version. Lots of guys want to play this in the off-season and I'm sure would like good minor league sets as well.

• 2 weeks later...

this is not crack for game,this is only fix for crashing on loading screan

It is a modified EXE.

No warez, cracks, or links to such content.

Help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention of copyright measures are forbidden. This includes linking to illegally obtained software, movies & music files - posting about it, and suggesting obtaining it.

It is a modified EXE.

No warez, cracks, or links to such content.

Help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention of copyright measures are forbidden. This includes linking to illegally obtained software, movies & music files - posting about it, and suggesting obtaining it.

but all files on this site are modified lol and this is not crack...

Dude...you need to quit while you're behind or you'll probably find yourself gone. If the admins. come on here and tell you you can't do something, then just don't do it if you want to stick around. Otherwise...... keep on being defiant I guess.

but all files on this site are modified lol and this is not crack...

Rules are rules and they have been put in place for a purpose. If you can't understand that, then you have no business being here. Consider this your final warning. If you try to do this again, or even this again, you will be banned from MVPMods.

It's not something we want to do, however, you're pushing us to the breaking point. :mad:

One other possible fix I just learned about for my TW08 game that might apply to MVP is another compatibility option.

Right click on your shortcut icon to MVP. Go to the "Compatibility" tab. Make sure the "Disable desktop composition" box is checked. If that doesn't help, do the same directly to the mvp2005.exe file.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I am having a bit of a problem..

In the 'season mode' on the MVP 14 mod, I am having trouble with getting past one of the games. It is a AAA Memphis @ Albuquerque game. There is absolutely no way to get by it, as far as I have noticed. If I do a Quick Sim, it crashes. If I sim the game through the 'Sim' option after selecting rosters and such, it will sim the game and bring up the box score. It then crashes after I hit 'Advance.' If I manage the game or play the game, it end in the same result, that being the game crashing when I hit 'Advance.' This is the 7th game of the season for Memphis and this hasn't been a problem before now.

I'm guessing that this has something to do with the game trying to sim the other games before my next game, but I'm unsure.

The only mod I have installed is MVP 2014. The only thing I have changed since the last time that everything worked properly is one of the display settings, more specifically I changed the batter view from 1 to 6-1. Would that be the cause of this issue?

Ok, so I am having a bit of a problem..

In the 'season mode' on the MVP 14 mod, I am having trouble with getting past one of the games. It is a AAA Memphis @ Albuquerque game. There is absolutely no way to get by it, as far as I have noticed. If I do a Quick Sim, it crashes. If I sim the game through the 'Sim' option after selecting rosters and such, it will sim the game and bring up the box score. It then crashes after I hit 'Advance.' If I manage the game or play the game, it end in the same result, that being the game crashing when I hit 'Advance.' This is the 7th game of the season for Memphis and this hasn't been a problem before now.

I'm guessing that this has something to do with the game trying to sim the other games before my next game, but I'm unsure.

The only mod I have installed is MVP 2014. The only thing I have changed since the last time that everything worked properly is one of the display settings, more specifically I changed the batter view from 1 to 6-1. Would that be the cause of this issue?

Funny you mention that, because I'm having the same problem, however I haven't changed any settings or batters view.

Alrighty, I have an interesting one.. playing with vanilla (if that's the right lingo for this site lol).. so have no mods installed currently. Playing as the Cardinals (this only happens with the Cards) the game has been crashing on the first home game (vs Philadelphia) on both Dynasty and Owner modes. I have tried from both saved files as well as fresh new starts, always the same outcome. I can't play the game, or sim past it. I'm running Windows 7, and (after reading through some of these posts, I'll answer before you guys ask) I do own the game (thank you ebay!)

I'm considering re-installing to see if that works, but thought I'd post here before I went that route.

Thanks

Hmmm, that's a strange issue with the stock/vanilla game. Are you trying to sim the game in question or to actually play the game? Also, for the heck of it, have you tried to create a dynasty with Philadelphia and perhaps try to play that first game with the Cardinals? Or maybe, test out a dynasty with a completely different team.

I've tried both simming and playing that game, it crashes every time. I have tried out dynasties with Oakland, Houston, and Cleveland, and was able to to sim the entire 1st season, no problems. I haven't tried Philly yet, might be a good idea with that game being the problem.. I'll do that now

Edit: I've tried out a few different things now.. there was a small issue with the Phillies roster only having 24 players (fixed now), but now it seems that every team that I've attempted (up to 6 now) are crashing on the first home game for Owner mode. Would that have something to do with the custom stadium?

• 6 months later...

Yes.... there's no way that's going to work.

• If you don't want to re-install, go to your original discs and put the original rosters back in.
  • Patch with official patch #3.
  • Add Homer's latest cyberface pack (minimally) OR install MVP 14 to a second install, extract the models.big file and replace it in your MVP2005 original install.
  • Add rosters as previously instructed (i.e., don't simply overwrite).

I have MVP 2005 installed, and have a seperate install for my MVP 14, meaning one folder with the origianl clean install and another folder with MVP 14. I have installed the latest gloves and equipment mod, opening day 15 rosters, logo and uniform mod files and any recent files to go with 15 including updated portraits from rising son.I get as far as getting the year updated, finalizing my rosters and when I go to start a game, it goes to the load screen and immeadiatly closes out and I get a error message with app crash. I hope I got all details needed for some help, if not let me know. Any suggestion on how to go forward and play the game? The problem also occurs even when I go to just play now exibition game, crashes in the same place.

Archived