Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Kccitystar

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my issue. After a month of not playing the game, I decide to start playing again. I've strictly worked in MVPEdit since I've resumed. When I go to startup MVP 05, the loading bar gets to the "g" in "Loading" (around 40%), and then crashes back to the desktop. I didn't have this problem before and the game was playing perfectly. I've installed roster DAT files, portraits, cyberfaces, and stadiums with no issues. I've patched the game to patch 5, and have the 2 original discs. I'm still using the MVP original version, without any of the total conversion mods. Thanks.

first off are you running a no cd crack or the disks
is it installed in your program folder (windows 7 or 8 ) or simple in the c drive
are you running it as admin and installing the mod as admin

and big thing, does a plain copy of just 2005 run on your system?\\

Also, computer specs could help

is it installed in your program folder (windows 7 or 8 ) or simple in the c drive

​That's right. With no information what can you do?

​Right, sorry. I'm running the disks. I just did a clean install in the c drive program files x86 and plain 2005 was running fine. I reinstalled and ran as admin but it didn't help. I'm running i5 4590 with gtx 780 and windows 7 64 bit. Thanks!

EDIT: Found the solution, it was the 4gb patch thing someone mentioned on the previous page. Thanks!

Hey guys, love all the work you've put into this, hoping you could help me with my issue. 

I installed everything perfectly, the game, the patch, the 2015 roster update and launched the game. It immediately crashed to desktop (MVP2005.exe not responding error) but after running it in compatibility mode, everything seemed to work fine. Played a game, closed it, opened it and played it a couple times more but once I pasted a new controller CFG, the game will not run again at all. It's immediately crashing to desktop when I try launching it.

Since then I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it. and tried launching it at every avenue, none of which have worked. 

I'm running Windows 8.1 and no matter how many versions I try to run it in compatibility, it will not launch.

Any help would be super appreciated. 

Hey guys, love all the work you've put into this, hoping you could help me with my issue. 

I installed everything perfectly, the game, the patch, the 2015 roster update and launched the game. It immediately crashed to desktop (MVP2005.exe not responding error) but after running it in compatibility mode, everything seemed to work fine. Played a game, closed it, opened it and played it a couple times more but once I pasted a new controller CFG, the game will not run again at all. It's immediately crashing to desktop when I try launching it.

Since then I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it. and tried launching it at every avenue, none of which have worked. 

I'm running Windows 8.1 and no matter how many versions I try to run it in compatibility, it will not launch.

Any help would be super appreciated. 

​Follow this guide: http://www.mvpmods.com/forums/topic/57177-recommended-installation-guide-for-mvp-baseball/

​Thanks for the response, To be honest, though I didn't mention it I'd already followed this guide. I wasn't so tired when I woke up this morning though and I looked at what was actually happening and figured it out.

Basically, I play a lot of Counter Strike in 4:3, with my Nvidea panel forcing it to stretch to fill the monitor. Clearly, MVP does not like this so every time it goes 4:3 and tries to get stretched, it crashes immediately. Going into my control panel and turning that setting off in the application fixed that.

Only I get edge case problems like these, I'm sorry for wasting your time. Thank you so much for the attempted help though. 

EDIT: Nope, it''s stopped working altogether again. That's after a whole morning of it working flawlessly. At a complete loss.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm very new to this mod and I'm very excited to play it. Launching the game is fine, navigating the menus is fine. But when I try to start a game it crashes about halfway through the loading screen. And yes I have installed the patch.

This happens specifically with the Yankees in my findings.

My solution is to copy over Yankday.big and Yanknite.big from Disc 2 into your Stadium folder.

Thanks for the response, To be honest, though I didn't mention it I'd already followed this guide. I wasn't so tired when I woke up this morning though and I looked at what was actually happening and figured it out.

Basically, I play a lot of Counter Strike in 4:3, with my Nvidea panel forcing it to stretch to fill the monitor. Clearly, MVP does not like this so every time it goes 4:3 and tries to get stretched, it crashes immediately. Going into my control panel and turning that setting off in the application fixed that.

Only I get edge case problems like these, I'm sorry for wasting your time. Thank you so much for the attempted help though. 

EDIT: Nope, it''s stopped working altogether again. That's after a whole morning of it working flawlessly. At a complete loss.

If you have the resolution changer, set it to an aspect that your card/monitor can handle.  Personally, I don't understand the playing in a stretched fashion, but it still needs to be at an aspect compatible with your particular hardware.

This happens specifically with the Yankees in my findings.

My solution is to copy over Yankday.big and Yanknite.big from Disc 2 into your Stadium folder.

I tried that and nothing changed, it is happening with every team that I have tried to play with.

• 1 month later...

notKin - Questions about no-cd cracks are not allowed on this site and no support will be given.  That is why I edited your previous post.

Please do not bring this subject up again or you will no longer be allowed here.

Let's keep the piracy talk limited to this one sentence.

Carry on.

Alright well, considering this is the only active place I've found for mvp baseball talk, would you know if there an active website I can go to that would help with my "problem"? 

Also its fine to delete my last post since it just looks like I'm shit talking the website and the game.

I get that using a no-cd crack is your own choice and if that's what helps you play a copy of MVP, that's fine, but ultimately we cannot provide support for you if there are any issues that can come up from using a crack.

If you have a pirated copy of the game, posting in regards to how you got a crack, where to find a crack, or how to use a crack for MVP or the MLB2K games is prohibited. I know full well that some people have illegal copies of games, especially ones that are as hard to find second-hand or even new on Amazon/Ebay, but it's one of those things that we do not openly discuss on the site.

Alright well, considering this is the only active place I've found for mvp baseball talk, would you know if there an active website I can go to that would help with my "problem"? 

Also its fine to delete my last post since it just looks like I'm shit talking the website and the game.

Once again, we do not provide support for, nor do we discuss no-cd cracks, illegal downloads, etc. on this site.

I don't know how to put this in simpler terms.  Consider this your second warning.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing MVP 15.

I've managed to reduce my models.big file to 572 mb. This is supposedly a safe number to play with.

Also, I've replaced all the MVP 15 stadiums with the stadiums from MVP 08, complete with all datafile info for each stadium.

I finally got around to testing it out in an exhibition game, and what do you know, yet another freeze, this time in the 4th inning at SkyDome (Yankees @ Jays).

I'm 100% positive that I have every cyberface matched correctly. Does anyone have any idea as to what the heck is going on? I can't even finish a game now. A Dynasty is out of the question until I can consistently play games without a freeze.

freeze or crash?  only thing i can think of at that point would be to check the cyberfaces for those two teams and make sure they are assigned the 04 or 05 style correctly.  if that doesn't work, pull up each team to edit one player at a time to see if any of them crash.

Archived