Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Kccitystar

freeze or crash?  only thing i can think of at that point would be to check the cyberfaces for those two teams and make sure they are assigned the 04 or 05 style correctly.  if that doesn't work, pull up each team to edit one player at a time to see if any of them crash.

Freeze.

Haven't had any crashes in MVP 15. All freezes.

I'll try out that method, Homer. thanks

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

update

there are no conflicts / mistakes with 04 faces (none present)

I manually checked the edit player feature for each player on both teams, and there were no crashes. (In fact, I've already checked every single player in the majors, and there hasn't been one crash at all).

We play with the 08 mod online all the time.  The models.big file is 769.  It includes the latest cyberface mods with no other changes.  We never have a problem.  It sounds like you're going through a great deal of commotion for little gain.  Try the 08 mod again and instill the cyberface updates that you want with the roster set you desire as well.  Is the roster set something you constructed on your own?

We play with the 08 mod online all the time.  The models.big file is 769.  It includes the latest cyberface mods with no other changes.  We never have a problem.  It sounds like you're going through a great deal of commotion for little gain.  Try the 08 mod again and instill the cyberface updates that you want with the roster set you desire as well.  Is the roster set something you constructed on your own?

yeah, it's my roster.

I used the MVP 15 roster as a base, and updated all player ratings to MLB 15 the show attributes.

the MVP 08 theory is interesting. I'll try it out.

Well, if that's the case, then perhaps you did something that MVPedit doesn't like and corrupted the file.  The most likely culprits are:

• Moving an SP1 out of the slot on a transfer instead of replacing his slot w/ another pitcher first.
  • Having too large of a FA pool.
  • Moving players around that produce a "null player" (seen only in game when looking through the roster management section).  Usually this is seen in the 9 hole of the batting line up or on the bench.

P.S.  I added every available 15 cyberface to the models.big for the 08 mod with no difficulties (using TiT).

• Having too large of a FA pool.
  • Moving players around that produce a "null player" (seen only in game when looking through the roster management section).  Usually this is seen in the 9 hole of the batting line up or on the bench.

these two things definitely haven't happened. I've barely transferred anyone at all. Only ratings updates.

• Moving an SP1 out of the slot on a transfer instead of replacing his slot w/ another pitcher first.

this would be the only possible thing out of that list (If I called up / sent down a pitcher in mvpedit). Then again, unlikely. But there's really no way of knowing right? And no way of undoing something like that

• 10 months later...

I was using MVP15 fine with no problems and Wanted to install the June 2016 rosters. I did so with TiT and attempted to run an owners mode game which crashed midway through loading. I performed a full uninstall and reinstalled my clean MVP 2005 with patch 2 which worked fine. After I reinstalled the MVP15 explodeme and the MVP15 patch I'm now unable to start a game. I Can simulate through every mode fine but starting a game has become impossible. Gets to about 50% every time. Any help?

1. Try the 4GB patch

2. Don't install rosters with TiT.   Simply delete the old rosters (19 dat files) and replace with new.  Don't simply overwrite either.

3. If you still get errors, try again with MVP 12.

( It's kind of funny that you have those rosters, as you didn't PM me.)

1. Try the 4GB patch

2. Don't install rosters with TiT.   Simply delete the old rosters (19 dat files) and replace with new.  Don't simply overwrite either.

I misquoted myself. I meant the May 16 rosters that were added from someone else. I'll PM you for the June file. But the roster issue is likely what's taking place. I'll be back if there are any other issues. Currently uninstalling and reinstalling a clean MVP15.

1. Try the 4GB patch

I'm also unsure on where to get the 4GB patch. If I could get some clarification on what that exactly is that would be great. The search engines on the site don't seem to give me any results.

Good man. So far same deal. Installed MVP2005 With no issues and did a couple test games without incident. Install the MVP15 MOD and things don't want to work when I load up to play a game. If the patch doesn't work I'll use mvp12 and work from there.

Good deal Mike.  I don't recall who originally posted that patch link.  Initially it was challenged because the source was unknown, but apparently it turned out to be the key to helping a lot of guys get their game going.

• 1 year later...

Uhhhh...I thought I was home free.  I had everything installed and all the main screens loaded until the final screen which leads into actually playing the game and then it crashed.  I had the 2017 mod, patch 5, sny overlay, citi field.  I deleted sny overlay and stadium with no luck.

• 1 month later...

I havs windows  10 and I can't seem to start a dynasty game no matter what I do. I don't have the greatest of laptops but I've played in before. Whenever  I load a dynasty game the game loads and it crashes and it says there was a problem with mvp.exe and it crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I tried running it without any mods and it still crashes and I can't playba fame in dynasty mode. Should I downgraded back to windows 7?

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to report a crash I'm getting. It seems to happen intermittently. It occurs in both Exhibition mode and dynasty mode, where after the lineups screen, I go to stadium select and then try to advance to the game. The game just crashes out without going to the game loading screen.

Using Windows XP.

7 hours ago, BallFour said:

Just wanted to report a crash I'm getting. It seems to happen intermittently. It occurs in both Exhibition mode and dynasty mode, where after the lineups screen, I go to stadium select and then try to advance to the game. The game just crashes out without going to the game loading screen.

Using Windows XP.

That sounds like a missing / corrupted cyberface issue.  The crash will happen at the time you mention (after selecting the stadium and before the game loading screen appears).

9 hours ago, BallFour said:

Using Windows XP.

Check the Max Kepler face.... it was the latest one causing me to crash.

Archived