Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Kccitystar

Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Can you play the game with the default installation and patch 5 (i.e. no other mods installed)?

I havs windows  10 and I can't seem to start a dynasty game no matter what I do. I don't have the greatest of laptops but I've played in before. Whenever  I load a dynasty game the game loads and it crashes and it says there was a problem with mvp.exe and it crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I tried running it without any mods and it still crashes and I can't playba fame in dynasty mode. Should I downgraded back to windows 7?

There are problems getting the game to play in Windows. There is an entire thread devoted to Windows 10. Your best bet is to go back to Windows 7.

Just wanted to report a crash I'm getting. It seems to happen intermittently. It occurs in both Exhibition mode and dynasty mode, where after the lineups screen, I go to stadium select and then try to advance to the game. The game just crashes out without going to the game loading screen.

Using Windows XP.

7 hours ago, BallFour said:

Just wanted to report a crash I'm getting. It seems to happen intermittently. It occurs in both Exhibition mode and dynasty mode, where after the lineups screen, I go to stadium select and then try to advance to the game. The game just crashes out without going to the game loading screen.

Using Windows XP.

That sounds like a missing / corrupted cyberface issue.  The crash will happen at the time you mention (after selecting the stadium and before the game loading screen appears).

9 hours ago, BallFour said:

Using Windows XP.

Check the Max Kepler face.... it was the latest one causing me to crash.

Ah, forgot an important detail - this happens at random. Doesn't matter the team, and if I just try to use the same settings again after restarting, it works fine. That would have been helpful to note.

I can confirm that something is going on with the latest BaseUp! rosters even with relatively full or full squads and injuries/suspensions being on, even for MLB only.  In the past, as long as the minor league teams had 24 slots filled, you could sim an entire season with no problem.  Now it's freezing.  I will say that this year's rosters were more challenging than ever with moves, new creations, etc.   It's not the free agency pool either, that I tested.  Hard to decipher it any longer.  I can't even get the batting mini-game to play without crashing.

Hmmm... I'll have to play around too. I'm having the issues with my MVP 1998 mod as well. It's using MVP 94 as a base, so I'm not sure if there were issues there that I'm not detecting. Hmm.

The main thing you have to watch, if anything, with MVPedit is that if you need to move a pitcher from the #1 slot on any team, substitute him first, don't just move him.

Right. Definitely made sure of that.

I was able to get through multiple seasons fine with your latest rosters using the following settings. I’m not saying this is exactly how it should done, just that after multiple seasons crashing these worked multiple times so hopefully this info helps identify the problem.

Default rosters: Yes

Player Draft: No

Injuries: Off

Suspensions: Off

Errors: On

Dh: Al only

Lockable Players: No

Deadline: On

Cpu Trades: Off

Fair Trades: On

Budgets: On

Rainouts: On

Energy Level: On

Team Chemistry: Off

Variable stuff: Off

Not sure what it is, even with full rosters.  But yes, when injuries, suspensions and trades are off, there should be no problem.  The other stuff are non-factors.