Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Kccitystar

I can't even play a game now for some reason. I had installed the 2007 conversion mod, and the game started up fine. I can access anything I want except actual gameplay. When I try to play a game, it crashes at the loading screen.

I uninstalled and re-installed the entire game back to factory defaults and it's still happening...even with the original files. I honestly have no idea what could have happened. Could something with my PC have gotten screwed up? Any ideas?

This sucks, I can't even play without mods now. :?:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I guess so, yeah.

Then we can't help you. You are using a pirated version of the game and this website will not offer support to anyone who did not purchase this game.

I understand that this game is expensive to buy now, but at the same time we can not give help to users who use the NO CD crack or anything like that.

I'm sorry, but that's how it is.

Then we can't help you. You are using a pirated version of the game and this website will not offer support to anyone who did not purchase this game.

I understand that this game is expensive to buy now, but at the same time we can not give help to users who use the NO CD crack or anything like that.

I'm sorry, but that's how it is.

Hi Yankee,

I asked this question over at another thread, but maybe this is a better spot to ask.

I have the original CD which I bought 3 years ago (WOW time goes by fast). The game seems to crash the most in these 3 scenerios: (1) While trying to edit players, (2) While the game is loading right before playing a game online (i.e. the cuts of Kinsler, Varitek, Byrnes, etc.), and (3) During offline games. For playing an online game, after I reload the mod, it works fine.

I have made a clean install of both the game from the original CD and the mod and still the same problems exists. I have asked a few tech guys in my league, but they don't really know. I also know a few owners in leagues that I am involved in also have this problem. At this point, we're at a loss. :(

Any suggestions or help you can provide?

Thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...

I know the no-cd crack is considered warez, but what about the mini backup image?

If not, it comes with two files, an .mdf file and an .mds file. I thought all you had to do was mount them, but I can't get them to work.

Any ideas?

If the mini backup image is considered warez, feel free to ignore this message.....

I know the no-cd crack is considered warez, but what about the mini backup image?

If not, it comes with two files, an .mdf file and an .mds file. I thought all you had to do was mount them, but I can't get them to work.

Any ideas?

If the mini backup image is considered warez, feel free to ignore this message.....

Wikipedia link for mini images

Mini Image is a CD or DVD image file in a format that fakes the disk's content to bypass copy protection.

Image files are copies of a CD or DVD on the hard drive. Because they are the full size of the original disk, Mini Images are stored instead. Mini Images are small, on the order of kilobytes, and contain just the information necessary to bypass CD-checks. Therefore, the Mini Image is a form of a No-CD crack, for pirated games, and legally backed up games. Mini images do not contain the real data from an image file, just the code that is needed to satisfy the CD-check. They cannot provide CD or DVD backed data to the computer program such as on-disk image or video files.

• 1 month later...

Hi there. My game keeps freezing in owner mode on April 24th whenever I try to sim anything. I have already played my game and simmed a couple of my minor league games. But now when I try to sim anything else including my last minor league game of the day, the game freezes up. This includes, now that I've saved it after playing my major league game, clicking on the play today's game tab in the main menu of owner mode. Everything else in the game works perfectly. And yes, I have a legal copy and cd.

I'm playing as the Rays in Owner mode, and have their uniform mod (but not the name change), and I also am using EPIC Rosters IV, I think I may have some new face files installed, and graphics upgrade (forget what it's called, but if you told me I'd remember), and that's all I believe.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

That file contains the cyberfaces for almost every player in the game, uniforms and fonts as well. It's essential to actually playing the game.

yup....can u fix this kc......i reinstalled the game to restore the original files in a new folder.....i added the rosters and tried to see if an exhibition game worked...that did, so the added your frotend art and some other stadium update as well...then it loaded half way to the game and crashed.....got any answers??? im on the right track w/ it right now.....ill see how it goes

• 2 weeks later...

So any help for my problem?

Are you running just '05 or the '08 mod?

It's hard to say, since you have multiple mods installed. Could be a cyberface/roster issue. Check your rosters and make sure all slots are filled on the date it's crashing. Could be one player in the lineup with a bad cyberface that is causing the crash.

I would go revert back to the original files (rosters, uniforms, faces, etc...) and take each mod one at-a-time.(Did you backup your original files, before you started installing mods?)

I believe those rosters you are using a prone to crashing anyway. Might want to d/l KG's latest roster download(they are for the '08 mod). Its in the Rosters Download section.

Archived