A year 2001 mod

Borgi

would anyone be interested in accompanying me to creating a 2001 mod? I know most people like the older ones better but 2001 was a great year for baseball! I loved how close the playoffs were and how fun a season it was, with September 11th being right in the middle of it all. So would any modders be interested in helping me? About the only thing I am good at is research and making some roster ratings. Thanks for whoever would be willing

While these are both good years, these two years are just too recent. And if you want to play a 2003 mod, just reinstall Mvp 2004. I'm not saying don't do it or it is not a good idea, it's just that I think others will say the same thing about this.

good call Y4L. i guess that does make more sense to reinstall 04 than to do all the work.

thats why i was thinking 2001, it was six years ago, and there was a lot of interesting stuff going on....as for doing the mod by myself, i do not know how to do anything really, except awful portraits and i could probably make a good roster but would need some serious help

thats why i was thinking 2001, it was six years ago, and there was a lot of interesting stuff going on....as for doing the mod by myself, i do not know how to do anything really, except awful portraits and i could probably make a good roster but would need some serious help

Ok, if you are serious about this, I can point you in the right direction as to the proper way to do this.

Are you familiar with the 1994 mod that Hory made? (If not, go look for it and download it and install it.) Hory did this and it took him quite some time (because he works on other stuff too).

Use this to learn from. He did the portraits for the 94 mod. There's the stadiums for the mod and the correct rosters. I'm sure if he reads this he can tell me I omitted a lot of things. :)

But the point I am trying to make is if you want to make a season mod, look at the other season mods that are already out and see how it is done. Correct portraits for that year. Stats for that year. Stadiums used in that year. Example: San Diego in 1994 still was at Jack Murphy Stadium and not Petco Park.

I recommend looking at the '94 mod or the '78 season mod by Jim825 or the latest one, the 1964 mod. All three are mods you can learn from as to how to do it right.

Best of luck of course.

would anyone be interested in accompanying me to creating a 2001 mod? I know most people like the older ones better but 2001 was a great year for baseball! I loved how close the playoffs were and how fun a season it was, with September 11th being right in the middle of it all. So would any modders be interested in helping me? About the only thing I am good at is research and making some roster ratings. Thanks for whoever would be willing

goes and plays All-Star Baseball 2002 :p

• 1 month later...

so it seems theres not enough interest for it eh

Unfortunately, unless you already know a great deal about modding, chances are you won't get very far. The person who heads up a project, like stecropper/jim825 of the TC crew or Hory with 1994 already needs to know so many different aspects, and they take the leadership role.

Sorry brother. I'd start small, trying to figure out the components of modding.

Archived