Ultimate Rosters (UR) 8.61 crash.

Kayxero

I'm in the same boat as you guys, no luck w. 8.61.

I've tried to reinstall it several times since it was released two weeks ago but no luck, it's always crashing at startup.

It was a fresh install, and I still have 8.60 as a separate install on my machine and it works fine.

You guys have tweaked the rosters yourself have you? You're trying to install them just as I released them?

What about if you'd open the mbe-file in MVPedit and export the dat-files yourselves. Would it work then?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys have tweaked the rosters yourself have you? You're trying to install them just as I released them?

What about if you'd open the mbe-file in MVPedit and export the dat-files yourselves. Would it work then?

I didnt do any tweaks....just installed and tried to play...I dont know how to use mvp edit and all that exporting...my friends tried that stuff in the past and it always ends up making the game crash or players look weird so i stay away from it...i just download and use things...simple gamer here =)

Does anybody think that if I (we) re-install UR 8.6 (over 8.61) along with Big Shmooz's Moser uniforms Models. big (for UR 8.6) that that might fix this problem ??? :huh:

I've got a possible fix for you guys. I did what I suggested above. I had my game backed up on dvd (with UR 8.6) and just copied it over my game (with the UR 8.61) and everything's working fine now.

The only problem I see now is when Totte comes out with the next update will that mess this up ??? Just have to wait and see.

Blah kg wouldnt work with the models .big that Big S did....weird....i had to go with the 07 sept models.big now im good again....at least i know it wasnt just my pc that was having prolbems with Big S models and UR8.61....thought it was at first since alota threads i read had poeple download a different big schmooz models and that work...but that didnt for me oryou guys it seems....im sure the guys will figure this out

I've got a possible fix for you guys. I did what I suggested above. I had my game backed up on dvd (with UR 8.6) and just copied it over my game (with the UR 8.61) and everything's working fine now.

The only problem I see now is when Totte comes out with the next update will that mess this up ??? Just have to wait and see.

I did something similar. I had UR8.6 as a separate install that was still functioning, copied that to another folder and tried to install 8.61 to that. It messed a buncha faces up, but it works. Joba Chamberlain has a black face now that looks like Tony Womack. Weird.

I did something similar. I had UR8.6 as a separate install that was still functioning, copied that to another folder and tried to install 8.61 to that. It messed a buncha faces up, but it works. Joba Chamberlain has a black face now that looks like Tony Womack. Weird.

The reason why Joba's got Womack's face is because you're not using the latest models.big by big shmooz. Going from UR 8.6 to UR 8.61 we replaced Womack's face with Joba.

Well it seems to me to def be a cyberface issue....so other mods such as gloves, bats, datafiles...and such else prove irrelevant to the issue at hand? I dont see a correlation between cyberface and the other thing...and mind you people have clean installed and still have had probelms so its def not other mods

The reason why Joba's got Womack's face is because you're not using the latest models.big by big shmooz. Going from UR 8.6 to UR 8.61 we replaced Womack's face with Joba.

I have the latest models.big DL'd (just not in that MVP folder). If I copy it over will it remedy this issue?

heres some good new....so i tried all the Big S models.big again..all still crashed...saw which unis i liked and went with kc city star for keepers and then tried putting the lite version models.big with everything else thats in the kc city star download...works fine as of now...have tested 6 teams....some faces seem to be incorrect but just a few like johnny damon...and a couple guy son the indians have default spanish and afromerican faces...other than that seems ok.....btw extra qurstion for those who read my reply....i find that the fbs in this game seem like real life speed and anything below 85mph seems slower than like in real life...what datafile is a good remedy for this besides turning up the pitch speed.

Btw good luck with your rosters guys....try what i did

heres some good new....so i tried all the Big S models.big again..all still crashed...saw which unis i liked and went with kc city star for keepers and then tried putting the lite version models.big with everything else thats in the kc city star download...works fine as of now...have tested 6 teams....some faces seem to be incorrect but just a few like johnny damon...and a couple guy son the indians have default spanish and afromerican faces...other than that seems ok.....btw extra qurstion for those who read my reply....i find that the fbs in this game seem like real life speed and anything below 85mph seems slower than like in real life...what datafile is a good remedy for this besides turning up the pitch speed.

Btw good luck with your rosters guys....try what i did

I use the datafile by MaddiesDaddy

Ok so it still crashes at a bunch of teams...like even before i get to click the game to start loading it crashes at the stadium select screen...and crashes half way through loading with a bunch of others...sigh... some teams load but others do not hmmm...any idea why it crashes right when it gets to stadium slect?

So for totte and Big S...im testing all the mlb teams....dont have time to do all play levels....ie minors....so far it seems the cardinals, drays, rangers, and mrlins crash for me...rockies yanks indians and mets are ok...will have the rest later

Ok well i just downloaded kg's rosters and the teams that crashed before (devil rays & rangers) dont crash anymore. So im thinking that the problems for UR 8.61 have to do with the rangers and drays.

Here's a new twist to this problem, when I play a season (dynasty) I only play the games that I pitch (every 5th game). So far in the dynasty i'm currently in (Angels) the game crashed back to my desktop on my 3rd start (April 15) against Boston. It's letting me play any of the other games (so far). Figure THAT out !

Here's how our friend Albie fixed his crashing issue a while back:

I d/l and installed "Big Shmooz-Kcciytstar unis Models.big".

This seems to have corrected the problems. I haven't tried all teams yet or stadiums, but Tampa Bay and Texas no longer crash. Ranger Ballpark at Arlington and Tropicana Field are ok.

Since my problem seemed to be roster related (player portrait or cyber face as some had suggested), it corrected itself with d/l and all the things that Big Shmooz included in his models.big.

Why do poeple always ask for links...no offense but stop being lazy its like 3 clicks away...go to downloads...than the rosters section for mvp 05 and click the down arrow for updated and it should be near the top...sheesh =P

xD

Archived