Concept Phillies Uniform

philliesphan18

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've used thespungo's gear before, and I don't think I ever asked him, I just thanked him in the mod text (thank you spungo, by the way), since the whole reason for the gear is so other modders can use it.

If for some reason I'm supposed to ask in advance though, please someone tell me.

As far as unis go, it's a long deal, you should use nfshtool to insert the uni images into the .fsh file, then import using the total IT.

yes, put them all into the fsh to make it compatible with Tit. as far as thespungo goes, pm him over at eamods. he hangs out there now. as far as his past history goes, he's always been ok with people using his accessories as long as credit is given. being so, it's still always courteous to ask.

So how exactly do I use this nfshtool program? The tutorial says something about an index.fsh file, but I don't know where that is or what to do with it!

-- Yeah, things are going slow now, because I am a total noob at this! But I will say that the style is a cross between some of the soccer uniforms and a baseball uniform.

The index is the folder with all of the bmp's. Just open that up with nfshtool and it will repack everything. Now if you doubled the texture you are going to have to change that in the index aswell just open it up with notepad . For example, If you replace a JERF that is 128x128 with a JERF that is 256x256, then you have to change the JERF line in the index to 256x256. You also have to make the BUFSZ bigger, like make the numbers higher.

it's hard to say, since we can't know what you're doing. it's a pretty simple tool to use, since all you do is drag and drop files into the nfshtool.exe. and there are only two file types you do that with, as i mentioned above.

Okay so I finally figured this out. I can't believe I didn't get it right away, since I even used the program before! Anyhow, I should be getting these done soon, but I have one last question. Do I have to edit the file where the jersey pants and gear are all together?

Yes because from a distance it will show whats in that file.

Hopefully if I get some time today I'm going to:

1 - Add the stripe in the middle of the jersey

2 - Cean up the area under the sleeve

3 - Possibly add stripes to the sleeve

4 - Redo the helmet/hat logos

5 - Add stitching on the bell logo

6 - Redo the numbers (I don't know how, and I need some help on this one)

7 - Add a preview image (I also need help on this one)

8 - Do any other cleanup work

9 - Release them!

How's that for a schedule for ya!

• 3 months later...

I decided to ressurect this project of mine now that I know a bit more about the topic.

Updated Check List

Check - 1 - Add the stripe in the middle of the jersey

Check - 2 - Cean up the area under the sleeve

TBD - 3 - Possibly add stripes to the sleeve

Check - 4 - Redo the helmet/hat logos

Check - 5 - Add stitching on the bell logo

IDK - 6 - Redo the numbers

IDK - 7 - Add a preview image

TBD - 8 - Do any other cleanup work

Soon - 9 - Release them!

As you can see, I still don't know how to edit the numbers or do a preview screen. I was going to wait for hiheat to finish his tut, but that has been lying there for a while now. I'm planning on posting updated screenies tonight.

If by preview screen, you are referring to the uniform select screen, just use my template and you should be all set. All you need to do is save it as a 24-bit BMP and import using MVP Studio (probably the easiest way).

For the fonts, extract the f0xx.fsh found in the models.big. Usually the numbers are 32x64 and the letters are 16x32 but there are some instances where the numbers are 32x63 so just be on the look out for that. Use fizzjob's numbers/letters template to get you started. If you want, I can send you the one that I created when I get back home.

Archived