The Red Sox Parade

hiheat32

so, i was up in new england this weekend visiting mit, rpi, and dartmouth, and i just happened to be in boston during the middle of the bosox parade (bc we took a wrong turn going to the airport), and i have to say i was amazed. living near dallas, our teams never win championships anymore, so i had no kind of clue what these so called riots were like. there were people on every street yelling, eating, and drinking not to mention i saw a cop on every corner and even the riot police. it was like the city was overrun by fans. anyways, thats my intake on the parade, was anyone else there?

Watching about 5 minutes of it, the "Yankees suck" chant was about 50 times more popular than "Go Sox" or "Yay, we won the world series." Which is sad, and tasteless.

I'm surprised at how little this year's series has affected me. Big whoop. The Sox won. People are celebrating... it just doesn't have nearly the same impact as the last couple of years. Perhaps it was because every game was so darn boring.

I wasn't there, however, they did have a cake at work (I live and work in Central Massachusetts) to celebrate the Red Sox victory. I am one of a handful of Yankee fans in my department, so when I had my piece of cake (who can resist free cake?), I told everyone that I was celebrating Joe Girardi's selection as the new Yankees manager. :)

When the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004, the Red Sox brought the World Series trophy to every town in Massachusetts. When it came to our town, they brought it to my daughters' school, and each class got to come down and walk within a few feet of the trophy. I thought that was pretty cool.

I was there today, right off of Park and Boylston...pretty fun actually. I just moved to Boston 3 months ago so it was a nice surprise they won. Dropkick played on a float w/ Papelbon, Timlin and Okajima (who looked very confused). I only heard them play "Tessie" and "Shipping Up To Boston". Tons of people, lots of fun, and a reason to ditch grad school classes for a day

Archived