Project Zmod Stadiums 08

rolie

The concourse meaning simply where you can walk underneath the stands. The 3rd base concourse area on the redsox.com link I sent you is only a little underneath the top of the seating bowl, while it is substantially below on the 1st base side.

It's messed up.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so whats different about this fenway park and the 1 in the game? just the ads or did they make a change to it ??

Play at rolie`s dodgers ballpark and you ll see the difference its fantastic what the guy and rest did with stadiums

Sean, I superimposed the the blueprints I found but they were outdated. I added the green parts for the added suites and seating. I used google earth, which is pretty valuable, you can save super high res images, but is outdated also.

Lemme know if I'm missing something. I want to check with you before I jump into this part. You can zoom for higher res.

OV1-512.jpg

I started the lowerbowl/seating. I had to increase the slope because I don't think its realistic to put 40 rows full of 3d crowd. It's down to about 25-ish. The biggest performance killer in DS was the 3d seating each SEAT was 50 polygons. In Fenway each separate ROW is 4 polygons. 2 for seat and backing. I'm looping the mapping so less polygons the better. This should fix some aerial camera views too.

heres a very early pic, modelling the lower bowl looks way better than keeping it flat

fenwayseats.jpg

Rolie, here's a hint of how I do the full lower bowl: alternate the verticals in two separate parts. That way, you can do a select-all in oedit and shade one of the parts, then another color for the other part. It saved me a ton of aggravation in Braves. Otherwise when you're at ground level it looks like a flat grey wall. The horizontals can be a different color since with height the effect doesn't really take place.

Yes Good advice. I'm gonna do it that way. I haven't textured it yet but that would save texture space. I plan adding a slight highlight to all my textures to give it that bloom punch.

The right field corner looks to be pain in the royal ***.

Yes Good advice. I'm gonna do it that way. I haven't textured it yet but that would save texture space. I plan adding a slight highlight to all my textures to give it that bloom punch.

The right field corner looks to be pain in the royal ****.

No arguments there. Don't even try it until I get you pics on Saturday, because it is so bizarre I'm not even so sure of how it comes together.

ok, I suck at taking photos. Seriously embarrassing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29418017@N07/...57606639262752/

I'll be going again in a few days, and I'm also getting a decent-sized memory card through amazon (I take so few photos I didn't even realize I had a pathetic 32 MB; a 2 GB is in the mail). Just guide me for what you need, I tended just to go for that which I deem necessary when I draft parks. Then again, I tend to use source material to create it by scratch in VW, so using these for textures could be a mess.

let me know.

Ok hell yeah great pics Sean! You hit some of the blind spots I couldn't figure. And you took some pics that I didn't even think I knew existed. Excellent! You seem to have a knack for taking pictures nobody else does. So if you go again just take whatever else you think I may need.

I found some more pics of that right field area and It looks like there are 2 or 3 different slopes around that area. I guess it's one of those quirks they never wanted to fix.

You said the tile roof ended at section 23, do you know where it starts?

2748105451_8ee14ec8c4.jpg

I'll check for where it starts, didn't even think of it along the RF side. I'll check it out. I should have one of those little ikea ruler things, so I'll see if I can get some measurements of the rake in RF.

Anything else you can think of, let me know. Going on the 12th.

photos

rolie let me know if you can access this album, I got some skyline shots that may help but i'm not sure, they didn't have the side rotating ads at these two games so i couldn't get those but I hope the sky line ones help, also do you plan on adding the tarp?

Tarp, yes definitely put it in. Heck yeah those will definitely help, especially those background images. Thanks

edit- thanks for the host, it's easier to download everything, unlike flickr you gotta click forever.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived