Official Video Game Thread

BigRog

DivX confirmed for the 360 - at some point

Written Friday, November 16, 2007 by Geoff White

A few days ago we mentioned that DivX was looking almost certain to head to the 360.

Well, it has just been confirmed, that Microsoft is currently working with Divx, Inc. to bring the popular Divx MPEG-4 video format to the Xbox 360. However, Microsoft also said that this Divx project for Xbox 360 is currently not in their high priority list. Right now, an unmodded Xbox 360 can only support video formats such as : WMV, HD WMV, H.264 and non Divx MPEG-4.

Kevin Hell, Divx, Inc.’s CEO said that Microsoft has more restrictions and requirements surrounding any software that runs on it’s Xbox 360 than Sony with it’s Playstation 3, so the Xbox 360 Divx project is on a lot slower pace compared to it’s Playstation 3 brother.

Hell also said that with the latest 2.00 firmware update, the Divx video format support has already been partially implemented on Playstation 3, and the full Divx support will come with the next Playstation 3 firmware update. However on Xbox 360, the release date for the Divx support is still unknown.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news.php?id=428

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im painting a Cubs ride in Forza2. Last time I did this was on the 1st xbox and on an Audi TT. I did the Harry Caray patch but was looking to do something different on the hood this time around. I did the MLB logo on the side which took me an hour. Any ideas...Cubs related. No Under Armor ads on this baby.

Im painting a Cubs ride in Forza2. Last time I did this was on the 1st xbox and on an Audi TT. I did the Harry Caray patch but was looking to do something different on the hood this time around. I did the MLB logo on the side which took me an hour. Any ideas...Cubs related. No Under Armor ads on this baby.

represent :D

they allow you to do that in forza 2

amazing, i might need to pick that game up then

Youd be amazed at some of the creations people come up with. Scroll down on this link and you will see a Metal Gear car which is crazy.

http://forzamotorsport.net/news/pitpassreports/pitpass68.htm

Also, since Forza2 is now package with that Marvel game there are plenty of copies on ebay of it. Thats where I got mine awhile back for around $25. I love ther game aside from the paint shop where you can get lost for hours.

Mass Effect comes out Tues. 'officially'. Has anyone played it yet? Does it live up to the hype?

Also, I have now begun work a Dark Knight movie car. I did have an all black with the old yellow batman logo but I forgot to save it. Hate it when that happens. So I scrapped that and will do the Dark Knight instead.

Where are you getting those for 9 bucks each?

edit: I'd do that deal if I were you.

since i work in retail one of the microsoft reps hooked me up with a sub section on the microsoft website that hooks up retail associates who sell their products with games at a discount price. I take training courses on the microsoft products i sell and i get points. For both games i need so many points (about 5 courses for both games). I'm basically paying for shipping as i like to think of it.

no kyle hasnt sent it in because a) hes either too lazy to find out how to or B) he is too busy playing guitar hero

by the way... has anyone gotten a hold of rock band yet?

Yes and No. My friend has it so i play it at his house. from what im hearing is that they didnt make enough for what was demanded. In feb. you will start seeing more from what im hearing also. My store got ps3 versions in only and we never got the 360, meaning that i cant own one sadly.

Archived