* redsox's MVP Baseball mod previews *

redsox

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be honest i think a smooth uniform looks better adding a fabric texture at this distance is not real realistic because in real life you ahve to get alot closer than that to see the threads. Idk i def like the logo i was kindof thinking more a white background but they do look nice.

I had been working on an uniform portrait for sometime now and I think I have finally come up with something decent enough to share with everyone. Here's a screen of the template.

Screen - http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s18/red...-screenshot.png

I started off with just the .bmps that Umachines had provided in his download (LINK) and went off from there. It took me a while to get everything set up right but I am actually quite happy about the end result. Let me know what you think and if you guys like it, maybe I can just upload the file on here as an attachment.

Suggestions/comments are more than welcomed. Take care.

redsox, do you have a concept for the rangers? all this stuff looks fantastic.

Sorry, the guy who created these designs didn't create them for all teams; and the Rangers are one of them.

But, what I am planning on doing is releasing these first and then do one of two things - work on my own concept design (for all 30 teams) or design a team pack (current uniforms, throwbacks, & concepts). I am also thinking of doing something similar to what fizzjob is doing with the White Sox, though I won't be going back as far as he did. I know for a fact that I am going to design a Red Sox theme pack and if all goes well, I can start with other teams as well.

nice... by the way are you using the ball state logo? just curious

Thanks man. No, I just don't like the ball state logo. For now, I am just going to stick with the concepts by Ian Baker and then maybe start working on my own designs.

Hey how are the uniforms doing now? And why is this thread dead now?

Its not dead. Part I of the concept uniforms are complete and I am just learning how to create an installer. I am also waiting for hiheat32 to update his tutorial so that I can make it compatible with TiT.

Besides, I am working on other aspects as well. One of my priorities is to come up with a "Las Vegas Bandits" mod - complete with audio edits, updated portraits, brand new set of uniforms, and possibly down the road a new fantasy stadium. I am sure that the stadium update will be a long way down the road. I will just create a mod with the other aspects and once I get comfortable with modifying stadium files, I will spend more time into creating a stadium in Las Vegas.

I know that a quite a few of you use Ultimate Rosters but not sure as to how many of you play any modders vs. forum fanatics game. I know that Y4L plays it, but not sure how many more do. In any case, I just felt like creating some uniforms for those two teams and here's my version for the Modders team. Let me know what you guys think.

preview1.png

preview2.png

Its a .psd file. You have to open it using Photoshop and make your changes to fit your need. I don't know for sure but I think .psd files are compatible with GIMP if you don't have access to Photoshop.

Thanks for the timely response but I hate to sound ignorant since I don't have Photoshop, what is GIMP?

Thanks for the timely response but I hate to sound ignorant since I don't have Photoshop, what is GIMP?

You can use GIMP as a substitute for Photoshop. Its basically a freeware photo-editing tool. I have never used it before, so I can't be of any more help to you, but from what I have read around these forums, you can open up .psds in GIMP and the functionality is pretty similar though not as powerful as Photoshop. There are some tutorials somewhere on this website in regards to GIMP. I think Bama is pretty well-versed in that program. Hope this helps. Take care.

I have been working on some manager jackets and would like to receive from comments from everyone. Let me know as to what I can do to improve upon this. If I get to a point where its pretty good, I can probably create these in different colors and upload it.

I think I should probably add more wrinkles to the jersey and probably create a decent enough texture.

Here's the 2X template:

ManagerJacket.png

And some in-game screens:

in-gamepreview2.png

in-gamepreview1.png

Archived