Rivalries

KillerBs

Does anyone have any old-time rivalries that you miss that no longer exist due to expansion, the wild card, and divisional realignment? I posted this because of a conversation that I had with a friend earlier about how much we miss the Astros and Dodgers' rivalry. That was a lot of fun. The juice/beer (Astros/Cardinals for you who don't know the juice/beer thing) rivalry is fun and all, but nothing can take the Dodgers' place on my list of most hated items in life.

The Mets... Don't get me started on the Mets.

Mike Scott is the man!

Edit: What a series, though. And what a game six!

Hey, wait, Dykstra was on that team, and he was on steroids! They should forfeit the '86 pennant! He hit a game winning home run in game two or three, and he hit that triple in the 9th inning of game six, ya know.

The BlueJays against everybody else was kinda cool... When they traded for David Cone (my favourite player) in 92 I was furious. They had such a good team.

offtopic a little: but I miss the Lakers/Bulls rivalry in Basketball. My brother and I would stay up till all hours at night (was delayed broadcast in Aus) to watch those games.

Archived