If you want to change MVP's announcers...

tywiggins

So far it seems everyone is looking into the games audio files. Then taking note of what each file says and which announcer is saying it. There are many files so I can see why this has not been completed. However I can set aside an hour or 2 a day to help out between my college studies.

We need to recruit others =D I still think we should put a few guys with great voices from this site in the game. That'd be so titts(cartman's expression for kool) lol

I offered my help when I was on spring break but I am in school now and don't have much time

*Kayxero, the signature is either one image or 3 lines of text. Not One image and text :-) . Just looking out for ya*

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far it seems everyone is looking into the games audio files. Then taking note of what each file says and which announcer is saying it. There are many files so I can see why this has not been completed.

That part HAS been completed. We are waiting for a program to insert new or blank audio files. Does anyone know how to do that part?

So far it seems everyone is looking into the games audio files. Then taking note of what each file says and which announcer is saying it. There are many files so I can see why this has not been completed. However I can set aside an hour or 2 a day to help out between my college studies.

We need to recruit others =D I still think we should put a few guys with great voices from this site in the game. That'd be so titts(cartman's expression for kool) lol

hey Kayxero, your from Orange County NY huh? where abouts? Newburgh, Middletown, Goshen?

hey Kayxero, your from Orange County NY huh? where abouts? Newburgh, Middletown, Goshen?

Middletown. Thank god my mom did not move us to newburgh lol.

Wrong, we have to index the vin scully audio still.

So what can i do to help. Where does this audio need to be grabbed from?

No, your wrong about us waiting for a program to insert the audio. We need to index the other audio before we get a program to insert it.

I realize that you can be extremely thick-headed most of the time, so let me try to explain this to you in the simplest of ways:

Here's the complete spreadsheet. Thanks to everybody that helped. I will be uploading a program within a couple of days which will be able to modify the pbpdat.big. I have a version that can replace one of the individual audio files with a new file, but the new file can't be bigger than the old file. I am still working on it to try to resolve this limitation.

That was on January 14th, 2008.

Is that clear to you now?

the trick will be to get 50,000+ clips of audio in there to replace the old audio. and then if compression is an issue that can be addressed with basic audio programs but perhaps not down to the size that Ty was talking about. I had to do something similar with my old radio shows that were on live 365.

When we did a three hour show we were able to compress it down into mp3 format to about 30 meg. originally it was recorded in wav format and you would average about 500 meg a show.

So depending on what format it has to be recorded into and the size the file has to be it could be a huge challenge but not impossible. I would suggest it would take 2 people 20-30 hours of recording and re-recording to get something that at best may sound like a single A broadcast. And it could be more than that as well.

I'd be more that willing to help out with the project but we would definitely need Ty or someone else who knows exactly what they are talking about on board to do it.

Getting the audio files won't be a problem. I already have the audio files from a PS2 game. I don't exactly know what tywiggins is speaking of as not until today did I notice that comment.

Anyways, the biggest problem is getting people to catalogue the audio files so that when we are able to convert them, it'll be fairly simple to 'swap'.

fair enough I was under the impression that 08 would just have a ton of new names done but didn't realize there is the potential of new PbP which would definitely cut down the need for this. but hey the more mods the better ;)

well HL, if you do get this going again, I am here to catalog. And i can get a friend or my brother to maybe help as well. Just let me know. Hope 2008 pbp is something to make me go wow. Im def looking forward to it after reading the last couple posts.

• 4 weeks later...

Dude,

Isn't the cataloging already done? I am looking at a file called FULL.xls that is catalogued all the way up to sound bit 15,391. We should use NHL ASF Studio together with SX and the process should be fairly straight forward. I won't say easy because nothing in modding is easy but I don't think a new program needs to be created. We just rename our wave files to the same naming convention as ASF studio created and then repack the ABK and AST files which we rename to the .BIG and .HDR files. I still say we do the mod for Vin Scully. I did the same mod with Mel Allen/Ernie Harwell for High Heat. You throw in Vin Scully and you've got an announcing booth for the ages.

A Vin Scully play by play? :hail: you can not put a price tag on that type of work, this, if it comes to fruition, is gonna be the pinnacle of TyWiggans and anyone who has helped in this process, career at MVPMods!!! If I had cyber beer, Id pass it out in accordance :lol:

That'd be so titts(cartman's expression for kool) lol

Hey Kayxero, no worries...lol My boss has been saying that for years. Ive known him for 12 years now, and he has been sayingTits even before that. I guess it was a WW2 thing, back in the day :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If anybody wants to help out with something like this, we are continuing the project here:

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=34249.html

It's basically the same concept except that this project will have Mel Allen and a little bit of Ernie Harwell doing color. It's called the "Legends from the Booth" project. Much progress is being made and we are indexing the Vin Scully sound files.

Archived