If you want to change MVP's announcers...

tywiggins

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:oops: I didn't do it over winter break when I had time, and a normal day of mine allows me little free time (school/wrestling/other stuff). Plus, the free time I do have is spent browsing the forums instead of doing something productive like modding.

It really never got tedious for me, it just took me a while. I don't know how DYosua does it so fast.

just curious... what network does skully even announce for?

It's Scully.

From 1979 to 1982, and again from 1990 to 1997, Scully was also the lead announcer for CBS Radio Sports' World Series coverage. Between television and radio, he has called all or part of 28 World Series — more than any other announcer.

Here's the complete spreadsheet. Thanks to everybody that helped. I will be uploading a program within a couple of days which will be able to modify the pbpdat.big. I have a version that can replace one of the individual audio files with a new file, but the new file can't be bigger than the old file. I am still working on it to try to resolve this limitation.

pbp spreadsheet - all 15391 done

Vin does home games for FSN Prime Ticket (formerly known as FSN West 2), and very select road games.

I get the MLB extra innings cable package every year just to watch some Dodgers home games. Vin calls the games solo, and if you close your eyes, it's like being transported back to the time when baseball broadcasts were just pure joy (also known as pre FOX and ESPN. Hype, cliché, and catchphrases have replaced quality - see Krukow, Mike and Kuiper, Duane).

ty I know this is going to be a very large project, even after the finishing of the audio spreadsheet, but how exactly are you going about replacing all the audio? Is there a program you're working on that does it all for you?

I am working on a program to do it. Right now it is a list with 15391 entries that lets you choose an audio file for each one. When you choose the audio file, it automatically converts it into a .mus file that is compatible with the game.

Then when you press the appropriate button, it will create the new pbpdat.big file along with pbpdat.hdr, and pbphdr.big.

I will probably also add a couple more buttons to the program. Save List, and Load List. (Like in my Models.big Updater program)

I am working on a program to do it. Right now it is a list with 15391 entries that lets you choose an audio file for each one. When you choose the audio file, it automatically converts it into a .mus file that is compatible with the game.

Then when you press the appropriate button, it will create the new pbpdat.big file along with pbpdat.hdr, and pbphdr.big.

I will probably also add a couple more buttons to the program. Save List, and Load List. (Like in my Models.big Updater program)

does that include all the player names too?

Is someone then going to use this program to replace all of the audio?

Archived