Mini-Game Field

HardcoreLegend

I could take a look at it. Send me the coll.dat/wall.dat of the original Mini-game field and send me your coll.dat/wall.dat from metropolitan. There is a 1 row of numbers that might control it.

Here ya go. Renamed them to correspond. If you ever need extra collision points, use this thing. Jeez, 30 kb file.

I think I found something kinda interesting. Most stadiums just have that one extra sound when you hit a foul pole. The batting practice collision data has a bunch of others. I found 4 more collision types instead of three. What this means is that it may be possible to add sounds to other stadiums.

• 1 month later...

I headed over to EAMods and he's been posting over there. Looks like he and Sean had an argument or something over politics the last time he posted here. Bummer.

That's why? Over something like politics? That's stupid. Political talk just invites arguments, and that's not just something that happens on this site. If you got ten people talking about politics you'll have ten different views and ten people insisting they are right. As far as I am concerned rolie can talk all day long about his politics. So can Sean and you and the next guy and the next guy. Talk as long as you want about it until you get bored and want to talk about more important things like baseball for instance.

• 8 months later...

Okay, to resurrect an old thread, I loaded up the coll.dat from min1day.big and found a fourteen triangle properties. All stadiums have 0-2. I'm thinking some of the differences have to do with triggering scores in the mini game. I thought the wall.dat in min1day.big used 1, like usual - so I'm not sure where the chain link sound would come in to play. Does hitting a foul into the cage give that sound?

0 - Ball disappears into crowd, no sound

1 - Ball ricochets, but rolls if the triangle is horizontal

2 - Ball ricochets, get clank sound - used on foul poles

3 - Used on ramps

4 - Used on ramps

5 - Used on ramps

6 - Used for fielder blockers

7 - Used for bus, tractor trailer?

8 - Used for truck

9 - Used for cars

10 - Used for cars

11 - Car hanging from crane

12 - Used for batting cage

13 - Used for crane

14 - Poles/trees beyond OF fence

So, 7+ is probably just for batting game points, unfortunately. 3-5 will have to do with acceleration, not sure if we could use that in any form (i.e. if we could get the ball to ricochet using the acceleration, that would be nifty).

Yeah, but there are times when the ramps are off, right? And there is still collision data there. But even if I used a 3 or a 4 for the concrete, there might be another file out there that actually "turns on" the properties so that the game will recognize more than 0-2 in a certain stadium.

In min1day.txt, there is a line that looks like it determines what point value to attribute to which coll.dat number.

In the main datafile.txt there is a reference to ChainLink volume, but I don't know how to read any further into some of that stuff.

I'd really like to know how they get collision points to work inside the wall.dat perimeter. I've never had luck with that. That's why the flag pole and monuments had to be included in wall.dat.

I tried 4 and 5 for the concrete, they behaved just like 1, not sure if they had a different sound - had volume muted.

Archived