The Big O's 2008 Stadium Mods

The Big O

I thought this might interest you BigO

Building blocks view at OPACY

People are finally starting to realize...

:rant:

Yep it's a criminal act what Malley had the city do. The designers didn't take into account OPACY enough. They may have bricked in the bottom but there is still all that ivory paneling that doesn't blend in at all. Honestly I think they did try to provide a view of the tower as the part of the hotel that juts out is lower than the original structure, provides a view between it and the large tower piece. However I don't think anybody realized the view of the tower would still be blocked for 99.9% of the fans in the ballpark due to lines of sight from the sunken field.

The irony is Angelos wanted to put his own hotel there and his design definitely took OPACY, specifically the view of the Bromo-Seltzer Tower into account. The city refused to let him build there. To me it's just another wedge that the city is driving between it and the Orioles.

Anyway they built it so it's in the mod as out of place as it looks. I'm leaning toward finishing the OPACY 1994 version just so I don't have to look at it anymore. ON the other hand I think the version of it I created in ZMod looks pretty good, so I'm pleased with what I've done in the mod, but not happy I had to create it in the first place...

Getting back to OPACY v.5.0, I've just got a few things left that I should be able to take care of tonight with the day version and I've already made significant progress on the night version. I'll be updating my site tonight...

Oriole Park v.5.0 update - Day version done, night version 90% complete

I've completed the day version of my Oriole Park mod and have moved on to the night version and I'm almost done that as well. You can see all the pics of the completed day version and the WIP night version at my site here.

Now that I've got a completed day version and 90% complete night version, I have decided to release a beta given the history of this mod having some crashing problems. I've reduced some mipmaps so I'm hoping that will help with the stuttering and or crashing with certain unis, cyberfaces etc. So the first 15 people to e-mail me (no PMs please) at thebigoriole@yahoo.com will get a link to the beta version to test out to see if there are any glitches.

If all goes well with the testing, I could release the mod this weekend... 8)

Hey Big O! I'm glad you're back! I have a question for you. What tools do you use to make your stadiums? I'd love to give this a shot, and I figured I'd start by asking you.

I use a combination of programs. I do all my graphic editing mainly in Paint Shop Pro but I do use Photoshop to fix the perspective of images. I am able to take an ad that is skewed as the picture of it was taken from an angle and manipulate it so it is straight on. Paint Shop Pro just doesn't have the capability of doing this. Once I've fixed the perspective I then touch up the image in PSP.

For the actual wireframe editing and mapping I use primarliy OEdit but now have incorporated ZMod. With OEdit you can manipulate parts and vertices and I find it easier to scale parts. Also shading is also done easier in OEdit. However ZMod allows you to create parts that weren't there such as the Hilton Hotel so it's much more powerful in that regard. It's also much eaiser to UV map the graphics because you can separate vertices that are on top of one another and you can also zoom in and out on the image to fine tune the mapping unlike OEdit.

I suggest checking out both Pirate's and rolie's tutorials before you start. I had to watch rolie's vids several times and pause them and try out different things. ZMod is a little trickier to pick up that OEdit but it's a great program.

I use a combination of programs. I do all my graphic editing mainly in Paint Shop Pro but I do use Photoshop to fix the perspective of images. I am able to take an ad that is skewed as the picture of it was taken from an angle and manipulate it so it is straight on. Paint Shop Pro just doesn't have the capability of doing this.

Big O, you probably know this already, but just in case you don't, I use PSP 8 and use 2 tools to correct the perspective. If the image is totally off and isn't straight either, I'll use Straighten first, then the Perspective Correction tool, but if it's just the perspective that's causing problems, which it usually is, the Perspective Correction one does the trick perfectly for me.

pcol8.png

Big O, you probably know this already, but just in case you don't, I use PSP 8 and use 2 tools to correct the perspective. If the image is totally off and isn't straight either, I'll use Straighten first, then the Perspective Correction tool, but if it's just the perspective that's causing problems, which it usually is, the Perspective Correction one does the trick perfectly for me.

pcol8.png

I'm using PSP 7.0 so I don't have that option unfortunately. Good to know it's part of PSP 8.0.

Big O, already sent you an E-Mail with feedback, thanks for the BETA. I can only agree with kumala!

This is FANF...INGTASTIC. Pardon my French, truly, but I just had to say it like that. Makes me wanna switch to the Orioles anytime you release the updated version :wtg:

:hail: :hail: :hail:

• 3 weeks later...

You are amazing. I can't even draw a polygon in z-mod! (I can get a cube, but that's as far as I can go... I guess my dreams of making my high school baseball stadium will never come to fruition... unless someone can give me some simple pointers? No? Darn...

Archived