High School Field

MarlinsMS_35

My next project is my High-School Field. Once I finish it can be used to replace the BP field, a Spring Training field or whatever. This will always be a WIP, but I'll update as soon as I add each element.

Pecking order

1. Dimensions

2. Dugout

3. Scoreboard

4. Bullpens

2. School

3. Basketball, Tennis Courts

4. Parking Lot

5. Football Field

6. Softball Field

7. Other small nitpicky things. (Batting Cages, Walkway, Bike Rack, etc.)

Green=Completed

Red= WIP

Black= Not Attempted yet

Actual Pictures:

Bird's Eye View

th_3.jpg

Bird's Eye View With Description

th_4.jpg

Overhead Close

th_2.jpg

Overhead Far

th_1.jpg

Mod Pictures

28214859cx7.jpg

54538577ga9.jpg

View from top of football bleachers

image3ha0.jpg

RF view from home

image5da6.jpg

LF view from home

image6mq1.jpg

View from the top of the school

image7tm2.jpg

image8sn8.jpg

image9vw1.jpg

image10mj6.jpg

image11mf5.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I'm about to go in and start deleting all of the stuff that I dont need, such as stands, buildings etc. The only thing I'm keeping is fences, bullpen, dugout, field. Other than that, I'm wiping everything out. Any advice before I finally jump into the stadium?

Yeah i wouldn't base that off wrigley. Wrigley is a neighbor hood with ivy walls and yours looks nothing like that. I would base it off something else...

I agree, use a symmetrical Spring Training Stadium or minor league park

it will be a heck of a lot easier to work with

My next project is my High-School Field. Once I finish it can be used to replace the BP field, a Spring Training field or whatever. This will always be a WIP, but I'll update as soon as I add each element.

Pecking order

1. Field, Dugout, Scoreboard, Bullpens

2. School

3. Basketball, Tennis Courts

4. Parking Lot

5. Football Field

6. Softball Field

7. Other small nitpicky things. (Batting Cages, Walkway, Bike Rack, etc.)

Green=Completed

Red= WIP

Black= Not Attempted yet

Actual Pictures:

Bird's Eye View

th_3.jpg

Bird's Eye View With Description

th_4.jpg

Overhead Close

th_2.jpg

Overhead Far

th_1.jpg

Mod Pictures

---------------------------

I don't have Vectorworks or any of that kind of stuff, and I don't think that SketchUp could be put into the game, so I'll do Zmod, but I'll need help with alot of stuff as this is my first stadium. I think that it will be fairly simple to do the field, and as I get more experienced, I'll be able to do the more complex stuff. I think I'll base it off of Wrigley.

What school do you go to? LOL when i saw the title for the thread i thought i was gonna see a picture of Columbus' stadium, which is sick, LOL

I mean the actual walls, the physical walls that you see. I'm asking if there's some kind of ruler that you can use that tells you how far something is from home.

MVP sees everything in inches. So, when you load up oedit or whatever, it will be 12 * the number you want in feet. As an example, a 300' LF line will be 3600, y, 0, since oedit also mirrors everything, and a 400' center field fence will be 2x^2 = (400 * 12) ^2 (with x being the center field coordinates for x and z), or 3395, y, 3395.

315 LF/RF walls = 3780

351 CF = 2978, y, 2978

• 2 weeks later...

The stadium I'm basing it off of is aa03. It's 300 down the LF line, but when I go to edit it the original figure for x is -39.159. Shouldn't ti be -100?

I'm using Zmod.

I still haven't gotten an answer yet. ^

Also, our school's getting a new score borad, so I'm holding off until it gets put up in the upcoming weeks.

• 1 month later...

I'm picking this back up.

I've figured out that 7.661 ft =1 zmod unit. Of course, this is a pain to work with. my problem is getting the CF dimensions. I've created a point on the wall that is exactly in CF. My problem is what to make the units for CF. The X and Y will have to be equal, but I don't know what number will work. I can't use the Pythagorean theorem because my field's walls aren't a triangle I think I remember something from geometry that was diagonal*perimeter=area, but I don't know if that's right.

So it's a kite.

kite1.gif

b=315. I don't know what a is, but the diagonal from the left vertex, to the right vertex is 315. I need to find a, and I think I can do this. Any help?

kite3.gif

Archived