FY87's Yes overlay preview

forEvErYankEE87

Taking over for KSM, alot of the elements werent possible without analyzing past work from Trues and KSM, which enabled me to figure out how to edit many things. The top HUD is originally from the YES 06 overlay from Trues, since it is pretty much on the mark to the actual yes HUD i decided to work from it.

Im going to try to be thorough with this theme, so i will try to include as much broadcast elements as possible such as all the graphical representations, the theme music etc.

However there are some issues i have and may have in the future, and i will appreciate any help. Two problem for now are first, i would like to have 2 logos to appear on certain events, for example the batter at the plate scene. The general logo displayed at that event are the a000 logos. I would like to also include another logo to appear as well ie. the e000 type logos. The fel file for this batter up event is fes_playergrp which is compressed in the ingame.big file. The lines that seem to command logos to appear are 3 that begin with a line such as LS:1000 and end with a line SE:a000, i have tried to include an extra set of these lines to end with SE:e000 for example but all i get is a rectangular box (which you can see on one of the previews). I have tried several arrangements on coding it but it just wont display both. I know this is possible because other events such as the replay graphic, and the team VS team event are displaying two logos (well for the team vs team event 2 logos for each team are displayed) . I even tried examining the fel files for these events and tried to borrow the technique used in them to introduce two logos at once, but no success.

2nd problem is with the theme music im trying to import into the game, the ingame music importer from the d/l section seems to be the tool to do this, but when i open it i cant browse to anything, when i click on any button i get an error message and it closes? Could it be because im using Vista cause i see other threads about it with people saying it works.

Im about half way done, but this is still taking alot more time n work than i expected, so yankee fans sit tight and wait lol

Very nice. If you could somehow incorporate the number of pitches thrown by the current pitcher into the overlay, it would be a definite download for me. The only other thing I noticed is that you might want to move the length of the home run (the 440 in the first screenshot) to the left a little, so it is centered in the box - same with the batting stats as well. Other than that, it's ready to go, IMO. :)

For the baserunner thing i was actually thinking of shrinking the original baserunner pip and use that rather than adding the YES styled one, since i think their is no point to having both on the screen. As for the homerun event text I have to leave the distance info all the way to the right edge because if the homerun was a grandslam then the GS text and the distance info would overlap each other cause the GS text takes up so much room.

Y4L, thats fine too, cause at the least it would make it easier for me if i have a stillshot to look at so i can try mimicking the graphics, so i would appeciate shots of the team vs team intro.

The ingame music importer doesnt work for me, anybody wanna create the bdcstdat.big for me? I got the recorded audio so i could just give it

Archived