I'm updating all of the new Shea Stadium ads.

MetsReyes777

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, just extend the parts in OEdit. Remember, though, that everything is shown backwards in OEdit, so when you're looking at what you think is left field, it's actually right field. :)

When you're done, save the file, run your pack.bat file and re-import the .ord and .orl files back into your stadium.big file, then copy to datastadium. Play, test, repeat. :)

Yep, just extend the parts in OEdit. Remember, though, that everything is shown backwards in OEdit, so when you're looking at what you think is left field, it's actually right field. :)

When you're done, save the file, run your pack.bat file and re-import the .ord and .orl files back into your stadium.big file, then copy to datastadium. Play, test, repeat. :)

Not always true. there is one version of Oedit that is not an inverse.

But your theory is correct. Play and test.

I usually use other parts in the stadium to measure where things go. Use the scoreboard to see how far towards right to stretch it.

Alright, so I moved the vertices. I am now going to edit the bmp's from the cram32 now so that MY CitiField construction is on the stcs, replacing the one that you made.

So, the photo that I have of CitiField, I applied a black background, because the background of the stcs is black. Should I keep the black background or will it show up in the game as well?

You have to edit the alpha file to make sure the black background does not show up in the game. With most graphics files there is an alpha file that is just black and white. If you paste the alpha over its corresponding graphic the white parts fit over what needs to be seen in the game and the black blocks it out. So you need to edit the alpha to make sure Citi Field shows up.

Ok, so I followed the tutorial.

Went to test it aaaaaaaaaand...yeah...it wasn't even there.

The only thing that changed was the old Citi construction. It was all distorted and stuff...and there was a random black square in the sky.

Here is a step by step of what I did

Opened up all the stcs bmp's in photoshop, and selected the area around YOUR Citi, made it black. Then, placed MY citi in the new area that I made with the vertices in Oedit, as seen here.

umoww.jpg

Can I do that? I put lines where the old vertices were and you can see the new ones.

Followed the instructions about repacking. My old shea was 6.9 KB and the new one was 13.2 KB, so I got excited. But no, it didn't work.

What is the problem?

Yes, I clicked and dragged the cram32.fsh over NFSHTool, and it made the cram32 folder.

I resized all of them. What I did was take the 1024x1024, and size it down to fit each smaller .bmp so I didn't have to keep cutting and pasting.

I made the alpha image with PhotoShop, Image>Mode>Grayscale

Then i adjusted the levels so it was black and white, and resized it just like I did with the stcs's. I might start from scratch because I can get unorganized often.

Ok, so I finally got it in there. i didn't use OEdit, I'll use OEdit once it's in there, and it is clean and crisp and a good size.

It's a rough draft, but here's what I have so far.

mvp20052008-04-1719-39-49-68.jpg

Pirate, what can I do to make the edges crisper and cleaner? And make the image a little bit longer...is making it longer what requires OEdit?

We're getting somewhere now....

HCL, I actually know how to use ZMod, and I do know how to make a cube. I made a picnic area/patio for this minor league park in it, I used it for a few months working on a minor league park, so I am more familiar with that than OEdit. But I don't feel like it needs to be done. I'm just focused about getting CitiField in there.

To tell you the truth, ZMod once you get the hang of it is easier to manipulate stuff in and more powerful than OEdit. I'd still use OEdit to color all my verts for shading purposes, but for any structural changes, ZMod is the way to go. You could easily import Shea into ZMod using rolie's tutorial and work with it there.

The best part about ZMod is you can add shapes and verts that weren't there before to add or replace parts.

Archived