I'm updating all of the new Shea Stadium ads.

MetsReyes777

I agree. ZMod is a very versatile program. Ok, I'm headed back to working on the construction of CitiField.

I need to figure out how to correctly move the construction site and also maker it longer, and make the edges cleaner. I have been following to " How to move objects" part of the tutorial but my task is a little bit different than what Pirate put together.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I am really starting to run out of options here before I give up.

What I need to do, now that it is in the game, is make it longer and move it.

So, as seen in the pic below, both vertices were selected. I moved the selected vertice closest to the top to where I want the construction to begin, hoping it would stretch the image which is what I need. But no, it didn't do a thing. I don't understand what else to do I feel like that is what I need to do to get it done but it's not working.

HAHA.jpg

HAHA2.jpg

Also, once I pack the stadium and play it, not only did CitiField not work but the rest of the stadium gets messed up, like random holes in the upper deck, so packing it goes wrong to.

I'm about ready to just flat out give up.

The key with OEdit is to use the UV map editor window and the view that you are in at the same time. To stretch that image you have to select one side of the vertices either in the UV Map window or one of the views but just be careful when you are selecting verts that you don't grab other parts at the same time, that could be where your holes are coming into play.

Right now it appears you have the whole map selected in the UV Map editor and all that will do is just move the image around. To manipulate it you have to select only one side and use the move command to stretch the part in the viewing window.

Another tip is if you look at the perspective window you will see the image stretch and distort so you can see what effect you are having. Unfortunately unlike ZMod you can only see one mapped image at a time.

Hope that helps some!

Thanks a lot for the help, Big O. This may sound dumb but I can't find the perspective view. I see Perspective View when I go to Options but theres no option that actually brings up the view itself..where is it? lol

The Perspective view should be in the lower right hand corner. I think you need to do something to the OEdit shortcut however to get it to work. You have to run OEdit in RGB mode and to do that you have to apply a suffix in the shortcut. I'm at work now, but I can give you the info when I get home...

Ok here's what you need:

First create a shortcut to OEdit on your desktop and then right click on it and go to Properties. You'll see this tab

oedit.jpg

That /rgbemulation is the tag you want to add to the shortcut to OEdit.

Add that to the Target line and your perspective view should now work...

Ok here's what you need:

First create a shortcut to OEdit on your desktop and then right click on it and go to Properties. You'll see this tab

oedit.jpg

That /rgbemulation is the tag you want to add to the shortcut to OEdit.

Add that to the Target line and your perspective view should now work...

I worked in Oedit for how long and never knew about that. Darn it.

Archived