Secondary Position: DH

DylanBradbury

I hate the DH, its a useless spot in the batting order. Giving guys who cant play the field a chance to keep hitting, or prolonging a career. For Hafner, it just give the Indians an easy out in the lineup. Playing little league growing up, we never had a DH, and even with my brother playing up until HS, there was no DH. The pitchers bat in college, and in the NL. Only in the AL, you find it. Frankly I hate it for the simple fact that it gives Wedge a way out. He cant play small ball, because he doesnt know how, for one. Sometimes I wonder how AL teams beat NL teams at their own game, in NL stadiums. Thats why I love managers like Piniella.....sweet Lou is my hero!!! lol Its to bad the Indians never made a run at him. We might have won the ALCS last year.

I hate the DH, its a useless spot in the batting order. Giving guys who cant play the field a chance to keep hitting, or prolonging a career. For Hafner, it just give the Indians an easy out in the lineup. Playing little league growing up, we never had a DH, and even with my brother playing up until HS, there was no DH. The pitchers bat in college, and in the NL. Only in the AL, you find it. Frankly I hate it for the simple fact that it gives Wedge a way out. He cant play small ball, because he doesnt know how, for one. Sometimes I wonder how AL teams beat NL teams at their own game, in NL stadiums. Thats why I love managers like Piniella.....sweet Lou is my hero!!! lol Its to bad the Indians never made a run at him. We might have won the ALCS last year.

I refuse to diss Wedgie. He is probably the best in the game at taking the blame when things go wrong, but stepping back for his players to get the glory when success rolls around. DH aside, the one strategical knock on him has been leaving his SP's in too long, but I think he does a decent job playing small ball, especially with Cabrera (who can actually bunt) in the lineup.

Honestly why do you need to? Its not like he needs that to be his second position in order for you to put him in the lineup there. Its pretty much a useless position designation in the game.
It does affect the game however. A prime example is this: David Ortiz should be the DH for the Boston Red Sox, a team that I do not control. However because he is an all-around better player than Youkalis, the CPU puts him in at 1B, and Youkalis at DH.

That is why I was hoping there was a way to change it. Could this be a possible mod??

Archived