Angel Stadium Of Anaheim 2009: The Work Begins

HaloFan

I am loving your work on this stadium so far man. It looks really good. I can really appreciate the work you are putting into this since I am doing Citizens Bank Park myself and I know it takes a lot of work. Great job.

Yeah, I have all my work previewed over at EAMods, but only Modders can see it. I am kind of hiding it from the public to have it be more of a surprise. I've done a ton of work on it and so far everyone has been pretty impressed by it. But, lets get back to the topic on hand and this stadium.

I am excited for the finished product HaloFan. I will probably start using the Angels more, haha.

3 Days, and 3 more changes to the stadium. I swear, they just can't leave well enough alone there. Anyway, I've added all 3 to both the day and night versions. And away we go:

AllStar1.jpg

Here are the first two updates. They're shilling for All Star Votes on the wall now, added to the stadium on Monday, added to mine on Monday as well. On Tuesday, I noticed that the Pechanga ad had changed as well. So that went in.

AllStar2.jpg

And then you have today's new ad, touting today's announcement that Angel Stadium will be hosting the 2010 All Star Game. They added it, so I did too.

NightLeft2.jpg

And the changes have come to the night version as well. You might also notice the new Suzuki ad on the video board, a day night ad swap, as it does change. The speaker poles are in, and I've completed the lighting effects for my images.

NightRight2.jpg

And here's right with the completed lighting effects. 2010 Ad is here, and there are new ads for K1Speed, which has been chosen as the night ribbon ad.

NightRibbon.jpg

And here is the ribbon ad. You'll also notice I added the tarp to the night version, bringing it equal with the day version in terms of items added. Everything is now in the night version, with the only difference being the crowd for the dugout suites.

FullCrowd.jpg

Which brings us here. I have now moved all the crowd verts I need into the suites, and they're close to being in place, but not quite. They need to be shifted a bit in some of the suites to match the backgrounds. Once that's done I can copy the info to the night version pretty easily.

But with all this good news, I must temper this with a bit of bad news. I will have to put this mod on hold for a while, as I'm moving this weekend, and I have a lot to do for that. I don't know how long I'll be without internet, or how long I'll need to settle in.

We'll see where I am next week.

OK, I'm back. The move went as well as can be expected. I'm settled into my new place, finally got the computer up and running, along with the internet, which proved to be difficult as the phone jack in my bedroom doesn't work. But I've run a long phone cable from the other bedroom and I now have my DSL functional.

I haven't worked on the mod since the move, but there was one last change I made before I left the old place:

HondaCenter.jpg

I added the Honda Center back into my mod. I had it in, but wanted to get rid of the Coors Light billboard, as it just isn't that visible. Besides, my old pics didn't have the Honda Center lettering on them, so they needed updating. I was able to find decent pics for both day and night, and I really love how the night version looks in game. The lighting really sells the realism.

Anyway, I've still got a lot to do around here, but I wanted to get y'all up to speed.

• 5 weeks later...

Looks really accurate man, glad those pics could help.

I think I noticed a Bestbuy "Geek Squad" ad in the visitors bullpen.

Yeah, I've already added that. I've made a few changes that I haven't posted on here yet, the best buy stuff , Disneyland stuff, etc. On my way to work yesterday I noticed that they replaced the Chevy ad on the RF scoreboard with one for Toy Story Mania. It's ironic that there is more Disney advertising there now then there was when they owned the team.

I'm now toying with the idea of releasing several versions of the stadium, based on timepoints so I don't have all these removed ads going to waste. But that would be something released in addition to the standard release.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm now toying with the idea of releasing several versions of the stadium, based on timepoints so I don't have all these removed ads going to waste. But that would be something released in addition to the standard release.

Now that 08 has been released (with an older version of Angel Stadium) I was curious about when this stunning piece of a stadium will be available for adding it into the game?

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

OK, so with the 2K9 version out and released, I've decided to give some details on what else I've been working on...namely the 2009 version for MVP.

Obviously, if you've seen the 2K9 version, some of the stuff here is not new. I've been working on both projects at the same time, sharing the work between the two versions where I could. For the most part, that of course means picking and choosing what goes into 2K9, though 2K9 will have a few unique ads, due to the rotating sign behind home plate. But MVP will have absolutely everything else, and who knows, maybe I'll find a way to put in a rotating ad board there too. But that's one of those things that is a low priority. Now onto the new stuff

post-820-1240986196_thumb.jpg

OK, lots of new stuff here. The whole scoreboard is new, at least the ads anyway. The more bars sign was updated on the last homestand, and that's the new version of it. There's a second at&t ad next to the big board, and in front of it, you might notice the 7th flag. Yeah, I added the 2008 flag. All the wall ads are there, though the Lucas Oil ad needs some tweaking. I need to use two verts for it to get around the structure of the walls.

post-820-1240986237_thumb.jpg

And here you can see that issue with the turn in the wall. You'll also see the side bullpen ads now complete. They moved the AM 830 ad to the home bullpen, though the Best Buy ad actually replaced it last year, so who knows how long it'll last. The side ad for Best Buy is new. Due to limitations last year I had to copy the main ad, but after some tweaking I was able to add it all.

post-820-1240987739_thumb.jpg

And here's my possible project for this year. The stadium added a new row of seats here, and on the other side of the ballpark. I'm thinking about adding them, but since I have no idea how to easy edit collision data, I doubt I'll do it. But the ad for the new section is there regardless.

post-820-1240987858_thumb.jpg

And here's some new stuff behind home plate. I updated the Fox Sports logo to the current version, and decided to bring in the Subway ad I made for 2K9 here. I'm still working on getting the netting over the suite to look better, while actually looking like its there.

post-820-1240987780_thumb.jpg

And here's the Adenhart memorial that wouldn't fit in 2K9. Obviously no problem doing it here. The division banner has been updated as well.

post-820-1240987818_thumb.jpg

And here's the Right Field board, complete with the new ads from 2K9, and of course the stuff that I couldn't put in there. They actually removed some ads from the right field wall, giving me some much needed real estate. There's the State Farm ad that made me have to replace the much cooler Memorial Care ad. I've removed that Weinerschnitzel ad on the far right, as it didn't belong there. After weighing the decision, I decided to make the ad that is actually there, even though the company that it's advertising is a con job, and is apparently out of business. But what the hey, it's there for now, so it goes in.

Anyway, that's it for now. Modding this one is not going to be anywhere near as fast as the 2K9 mod came.

3 Days, and 3 more changes to the stadium. I swear, they just can't leave well enough alone there. Anyway, I've added all 3 to both the day and night versions. And away we go:

AllStar1.jpg

Here are the first two updates. They're shilling for All Star Votes on the wall now, added to the stadium on Monday, added to mine on Monday as well. On Tuesday, I noticed that the Pechanga ad had changed as well. So that went in.

AllStar2.jpg

And then you have today's new ad, touting today's announcement that Angel Stadium will be hosting the 2010 All Star Game. They added it, so I did too.

NightLeft2.jpg

And the changes have come to the night version as well. You might also notice the new Suzuki ad on the video board, a day night ad swap, as it does change. The speaker poles are in, and I've completed the lighting effects for my images.

NightRight2.jpg

And here's right with the completed lighting effects. 2010 Ad is here, and there are new ads for K1Speed, which has been chosen as the night ribbon ad.

NightRibbon.jpg

And here is the ribbon ad. You'll also notice I added the tarp to the night version, bringing it equal with the day version in terms of items added. Everything is now in the night version, with the only difference being the crowd for the dugout suites.

FullCrowd.jpg

Which brings us here. I have now moved all the crowd verts I need into the suites, and they're close to being in place, but not quite. They need to be shifted a bit in some of the suites to match the backgrounds. Once that's done I can copy the info to the night version pretty easily.

But with all this good news, I must temper this with a bit of bad news. I will have to put this mod on hold for a while, as I'm moving this weekend, and I have a lot to do for that. I don't know how long I'll be without internet, or how long I'll need to settle in.

We'll see where I am next week.

Amazing Job, Good luck with you work..

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived