"Legends from the Booth" Play-By-Play

OTBjoel

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word if this is still being worked on? I really would like to see a finished product, since you guys worked so much I don't want to see you give up.

I can confirm that this IS still being worked on, but as Y4L said, it is a very large project so it will still be a while before this is ready to be released.

• 1 month later...

Have no fear folks. The next release should be available by Mid-August. This release will be Ernie Harwell completely taking over the color audio. Unfortunately, Ernie takes a very "old school" approach to calling games in that he prefers to simply report the action without adding his own opinions or trying to be too biased one way or another even when calling games for his hometown Tigers. This means that Ernie will simply stay quiet during many of the moments that Krukow used to make utterly stupid comments. Good thing is many of the Home run calls are now back.

Eddieel and AlexTony have been generous enough with their time in creating names to help me out. If you are interested in testing, message me and I will probably be ready to send you some sound files to start testing in the beginning of August.

• 3 weeks later...

Harwell is 90% done. I have 600 more sound calls which should take me two weeks more. It will definitely be done by end of August. If you don't want to wait and want to preview it now, message me and I'll send you what I have right now.

Homerun calls are complete so no more "dead" silence when your favorite player goes yard.

I want to thank you in advance for your hard work on this project, it had to be a labor of love. This version is primarily for Total Classics 10 a specific year? This will give the game a whole new feel I'm sure especially for the older guys around here like me.

Edited by Suns

I want to thank you in advance for your hard work on this project, it had to be a labor of love. This version is primarily for Total Classics 10 a specific year? This will give the game a whole new feel I'm sure especially for the older guys around here like me.

Total Classics 10 and the classic single season mods (TC1951, TC1956, TC1969, TC1978, etc.) use the same audio numbering system and the same audio files, so this mod should work for all of them! :yahoo:

• 5 months later...

I've tried to download the first and last name audios from the Mel Allen link TL4 but I get the following message: We're sorry, there was an error retrieving the shared file.

The file cannot be accessed because the link is invalid, the share has expired, or the share has exceeded its download limit.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried to download the first and last name audios from the Mel Allen link TL4 but I get the following message: We're sorry, there was an error retrieving the shared file.

The file cannot be accessed because the link is invalid, the share has expired, or the share has exceeded its download limit.

Sorry Eddie, I figured that posting those links for a year would be long enough but damn this is time consuming. Glad to know you found the files on your own.

All Ernie last names have been done in position 'A'. Concurrently I am working on full names in position 'C' as well as the PBP commentary. I have completed 1787 out of 15391 so I am about 20% of the way to completion. I'm still targeting summer time so we'll see if we get there.

If anybody is interested, attached is the spreadsheet of the Index of Vin Scully PBP. Also included are text files of the Ernie Harwell and Mel Allen PBP.

VinIndex.rar

ErnPBPlabels.txt

MelPBPlabels.txt

• 2 months later...

If any of you want to get a monthly update of where I am in this project, I can put you on a mailing list that gets the latest file from my FTP site. Just message me with your e-mail and I'll add you to the list.

The file changes daily and month-to-month could have major progress made. At this point, the project is about 30% done, I am at about #4300 in the Kuiper stuff but I'm really starting to get some momentum and I've decided to start skipping around to get the sound bites I can tell are the most common in the game.

If any of you want to get a monthly update of where I am in this project, I can put you on a mailing list that gets the latest file from my FTP site. Just message me with your e-mail and I'll add you to the list.

The file changes daily and month-to-month could have major progress made. At this point, the project is about 30% done, I am at about #4300 in the Kuiper stuff but I'm really starting to get some momentum and I've decided to start skipping around to get the sound bites I can tell are the most common in the game.

You've already got my e-mail address. Please add me to the list.

• 8 months later...

I noticed that these were all time teams. Who made these? I have been enjoying the updates to this in my games-thanks again.

Those are my all-time rosters. Mine are slightly different than Homer's. I posted my rosters on one of the older threads in Homer's mod preview. I don't really want to steal Homer's thunder so I am not releasing mine until after Homer let's his out.

Thanks for the kind words, Don. Have you been getting my updates? You haven't mentioned anything so I'm wondering if my FTP links have been getting spammed by your e-mail server.

Joel the latest I have are back from July of this year ......... haven't seen any since then.

Don