Negro Leagues Total Conversion Mod

OTBjoel

Got any skills with faces? I've got most of the portraits covered.

Rosters in Excel format will be uploaded either tonight or tomorrow.

hey man, cyberfaces are where i come in :) but let's hope i can make some at all. the problem is getting high quality photos. so the next best thing, is trying to find guys who have pictures with similar facial features. this way, i can use them as a base and mold around that....this should be interesting. you know i'm in for whatever i can squeeze time for.

and as for uniforms, i'm just not at that point yet, but they are in the plans. later on when i'm finished with my rosters, and redsox is done doing whatever it is he's doing, we are gonna hit the uniforms. if you need something sooner, we can work something out. but i say let's hit the rosters first and go from there. i don't like doing too many things at once.

Homer,

Can you PM pirate and Thome to let them know the ball is rolling on this. I've PM'ed Thome but he doesn't know me so I may not get an answer. I'm thinking we put in my Oldtime Negro Leagues mod into the MLB level and then put the GTP (Great Teams of the Past) into the AAA level. That way we don't have to do two mods. We can just play with either one in the same mod and just switch levels. The difference is, the GTP version will have actual rosters of great teams from certain years. It will be real rosters and real stats from the particular year. Only problem is the rosters will be thin and you won't have as many great players to pick from while playing with a certain team. The other mod will be more of an All-Time franchise greats team. The best from the Kansas City Monarchs, Chicago American Giants, Homestead Grays from all eras all on one team. This is the one that will have the stats extrapolated to look like a 154 game season. The GTP teamset will have stats from a 50-60 game season as that's all the official Negro League season typically had. The rest of the time, they were barnstorming so in the end, they probably played more games than the White Major Leaguers. Many times they played 2-3 games in a day in multiple towns so they could make ends meet.

now i'm not fully sure what you saying here...are you doing three different mods? i'll see about contacting pirate and thome. i don't see thome on much anymore, but he drops by from time to time, so just be patient with him. pirate is on a quite a bit though, so i have to think he's seen this thread already and will respond when he's ready. i know he was really for doing a negro league mod. believe me when i say that we may not be getting a lot of responses yet, but there are tons of members who would be gung ho for a nego league mod.

Well,

There are two different formats to the teamsets I'm doing but it would be silly to do two different mods. We could do all-time team greats in MLB and then do Great Teams of the Past in AAA. The images above show the teams I've got ready to go. Obviously the GTP league has more teams but very small rosters as there just wasn't much depth.

It's been ten years since I first did my Negro Leagues universe for Old Time Baseball so it feels pretty good to be redoing it for MVP. Attached is the rosters for the Negro Leagues Franchise stars. The great New York Cuban Giants have been merged into the Newark Eagles. The Homestead Grays and the Pittsburgh Crawfords have been merged together since many of these guys played for both teams during their careers. The other franchises should make sense. I tried to logically group these players by their franchise most commonly affiliated with and I tried to recreate certain groupings of players that were particularly famous like the Newark Eagles "dream" infield of Suttles, Wells, Seay, and Dandridge. Also two of the most dominant Negro League pitchers, "Smokey" Joe Williams and "Cannonball" Dick Redding played together for a while on the New York Lincoln Giants so that great 1-2 punch is recreated here. Check it out.

It's been ten years since I first did my Negro Leagues universe for Old Time Baseball so it feels pretty good to be redoing it for MVP. Attached is the rosters for the Negro Leagues Franchise stars. The great New York Cuban Giants have been merged into the Newark Eagles. The Homestead Grays and the Pittsburgh Crawfords have been merged together since many of these guys played for both teams during their careers. The other franchises should make sense. I tried to logically group these players by their franchise most commonly affiliated with and I tried to recreate certain groupings of players that were particularly famous like the Newark Eagles "dream" infield of Suttles, Wells, Seay, and Dandridge. Also two of the most dominant Negro League pitchers, "Smokey" Joe Williams and "Cannonball" Dick Redding played together for a while on the New York Lincoln Giants so that great 1-2 punch is recreated here. Check it out.

It looks like because of the minimum requirements of the MVP league structure, we may have to add a couple of teams to this set. We'll create the Indianapolis ABC's and split off some of the dead-ball stars from the Chicago American Giants since many of the players of this era played for both. This serves Rube Foster right for "raiding" C.I. Taylor's ABC's anyway as we return the favor.

Here's another teamset in the model of the Great Historical Teams of the Past leagues. It's a great educational tool if anything in that it makes you consider some of the lesser-known players that you may have otherwise not payed attention to. Includes many forgotten men from the dead-ball era.

I will give you guys the uniforms but the thing is I am up too my neck with work and I really dont know if I have the time to put into this. So with that said OTB if you PM me your email, I'll send the uniforms to you.

Archived