Looking to obtain a web cam

BigRog

So I am looking a web cams for my laptop and wondering if anyone knew anything about them. I basically need it for one class this semester where my professor needs me to send in two video presentations to him. Then I figure I can use it for bs reasons afterwards. I was looking at this one at best buy,

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;js...d=1188559784318

anyone have any knowledge of them?

Why should you have to spend money in order to obtain an education? If the school wants you to make a presentation, they should provide the materials necessary to make it. You shouldn't have to pay for hardware and peripherals out of your own pocket.

Admittedly, I don't know much about the U.S. education system, but are you saying there are no non-fee-based schools? I thought their system was similar to the U.K one - some schools are free to attend and are subsidized by local government and taxation, others are fee-based.

Admittedly, I don't know much about the U.S. education system, but are you saying there are no non-fee-based schools? I thought their system was similar to the U.K one - some schools are free to attend and are subsidized by local government and taxation, others are fee-based.

In the United States, you have to pay for everything. It would be nice if we don't have to pay for everything. But if that was true, maybe we would have to pay even more taxes ... as if people would want to do that. LOL

Fee based or something similar is a good idea and have been talked about for years and years but that may not ever fly because if that did, many people may be without a job (IRS, etc) and all the lobbyists would be fighting it (with bribes) ... :roll:

edit: there are free schools and there are also private schools that aren't free. but, one way or the other, you have to pay for something.

there aren't any free colleges, but there are free schools before that, and also fee-based ones

Yeah but I am in college. They hit you up with fees everywhere.

Interesting. Anyway, apologies for derailing the thread Rog. I found this webcam, has much better technical specifications than the Creative Labs one and is $10 cheaper. It has a 5.0MP still image resolution vs. the Creative's 1.3MP and records video at 1280x1024, whereas the Creative one's maximum is 800x600.

Interesting. Anyway, apologies for derailing the thread Rog. I found this webcam, has much better technical specifications than the Creative Labs one and is $10 cheaper. It has a 5.0MP still image resolution vs. the Creative's 1.3MP and records video at 1280x1024, whereas the Creative one's maximum is 800x600.

A buddy of mine just got that Dynex one - it's actually pretty darn good.

Archived