Total Classics 1988 released!!

tebjr

this mod is beuatiful, i have encountered a small error though, only thing i applied was the resoutlion changer, to make it 1680 x 1050, the problem was detroit home, ( default ) uni's vs texas ( deafult ) uni's away, and i didnt choose the field pattern, i left it on random, and it was a night game.

now the problem that's happening is it plays through the first inning smooth and fine, as soon as the bottom of the 1st starts, and they show the line ups, it ctd. so im not sure whats up, i only ran this game and a cleveland vs batimore game, that game ran smooth, np's there.

but from what i see i love this mod, it is so nice to relieve these prime great players, and ones that were on tere way out, man, it's totaly classic, and i thank you again for this.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished playing a game against Houston, had Ron Darling vs Bob Knepper. I kept getting the lead, and giving it back. Straw went yard, Keith tied the game in the 9th (he is CLUTCH) then after the 'Stros took the lead in the 11th, Magadan singles and Mookie Wilson jacks his second homer to "walk off" with the win. Mets win 7-6.

The mod is so awesome, You guys put your hard work into this and the results are fantastic. Great Job guys. You made another gem. :wtg:

this mod is beuatiful, i have encountered a small error though, only thing i applied was the resoutlion changer, to make it 1680 x 1050, the problem was detroit home, ( default ) uni's vs texas ( deafult ) uni's away, and i didnt choose the field pattern, i left it on random, and it was a night game.

now the problem that's happening is it plays through the first inning smooth and fine, as soon as the bottom of the 1st starts, and they show the line ups, it ctd. so im not sure whats up, i only ran this game and a cleveland vs batimore game, that game ran smooth, np's there.

Did you just try it once with those teams? Try the same setup again and see if it happens again.

I just finished playing a game against Houston, had Ron Darling vs Bob Knepper. I kept getting the lead, and giving it back. Straw went yard, Keith tied the game in the 9th (he is CLUTCH) then after the 'Stros took the lead in the 11th, Magadan singles and Mookie Wilson jacks his second homer to "walk off" with the win. Mets win 7-6.

The mod is so awesome, You guys put your hard work into this and the results are fantastic. Great Job guys. You made another gem. :wtg:

Thanks Dudley. I'm glad your enjoying the mod. I can't stand them now, but back then I really liked the Mets, especially that pitching staff.

yep, bro, i just tested it again, on a day game, and it did the same exact thing, but i also just ran a game vs dodgers vs sf, and whitesox vs mairners all night games, and had np's so far cept for detroit, day and night.

I tried to recreate the crash, but I didn't have any problems. I don't know if it has anything to do with the resolution, I wouldn't think it would. I'll pass this on to Jim and see what we can find.

Going to go grab the laptop from the other room, get a beer and download this right now.

Thanks for doing this dream baseball game project.

I hope you enjoy it. The 80's are my favorite era as well.

I tried to recreate the crash, but I didn't have any problems. I don't know if it has anything to do with the resolution, I wouldn't think it would. I'll pass this on to Jim and see what we can find.

It crashed on me using the resolution changer too. I switched back and it works fine.

It crashed on me using the resolution changer too. I switched back and it works fine.

Thanks Stevie for finding the problem. I'm not that familiar with the resolution changer, so I don't know if there's anything I can do/change to solve this problem.

First of all I want to say thank you again for a brilliant mod. I am playing with the MN Twins and it is a joy to flashback to the year after the won it all!

I am having a consistent crash during the "game loading" screen whenever Frank Viola's (Ironic) Cy Young Loading screen appears.

To elaborate on the issue the loading bar gets halfway through and then it locks up. Not a big issue at all.

This is the only issue I have had so far with an otherwise brilliant project.

Thanks

OK I just simmed a season to see how accurate the standings and stats were and some teams had 160 games played ,161 played, 164 played, and one team had 165. I'm confused.

Do you know what teams it was? I'll take a look at the schedule.

Here are the ones that are wrong

A's-164

Angels 163

Rangers 161

Twins 165

W Sox 165

Indians 164

B Jays 163

Brewers 165

Yanks 163

R Sox 166

Orioles 164

Padres 164

Astros 163

Dodgers 167

Giants 163

Cards 161

Reds 163

Pirates 161

Mets 160

Expos 159

Phillies 163

Braves 160

Here are the ones that are wrong

A's-164

Angels 163

Rangers 161

Twins 165

W Sox 165

Indians 164

B Jays 163

Brewers 165

Yanks 163

R Sox 166

Orioles 164

Padres 164

Astros 163

Dodgers 167

Giants 163

Cards 161

Reds 163

Pirates 161

Mets 160

Expos 159

Phillies 163

Braves 160

Well, I obviously screwed up somewhere.

I tried to set the schedule up just as it was in '88. There were games that were rained out, which caused an enormous amount of double headers. Some games were just canceled and never made up. The Braves, Mets, and Rangers are actually right as far as number of games played compared to 1988. I'll check to see what I done wrong. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Got the schedule finished and tested. Every team played 162 games. I'll do the '89 and '90 schedules as well for anyone that wants to play a dynasty. Then I'll upload it.

Also, if you haven't got it already, everyone may want to download Ty's schedule changer so that these guys aren't playing into their 50's. I forgot to ask Ty if we could include it with the mod.

Glad to see this released. Nobody got any good wood on the Hershiser sinker during the streak. I had tickets with my Dad to go to Game 1 of the WS. I let my mom have the tickets as I thought meeting girls at a high school party would be more fun. Boy do I regret that one! I'm watching the Gibson hit his timeless homerun thinking "I shoulda been there".

Archived