Total Classics 1988 released!!

tebjr

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an update. Still getting things together for an update.

Tony has been working to add some tweaks to the .MBE to add a greater deal of realism to the mod. Homer has added some new and updated faces, and Sean has supplied some updated stadiums

I've started on the audio for the minors, which I'll be adding over the next few updates.

Hope everyone's enjoying '88.

Hi Guys

I bought a Laptop for gaming and of course you can't buy anything without Vista installed today. I can't find any of the files - they are not where they were in XP. I searched the forums and there are plenty of instructions how to install Mvp2005 Classics on XP but none for Vista. Where are all the files hiding in Vista. Where are the profiles hiding etc. What do you have to do different in the install.

Sorry but I am totally lost with Vista ....Thanks .........JoeT

• 2 months later...

TC 1988 V1.1 has been released.

This version includes 30 new/updated faces, 4 stadium updates, updated .MBE with tweaked ratings for realism and correct ages and salaries., and the schedule has been fixed.

Hope everyone enjoys this update.

Thanks for the update, is there any chance of releasing just the update by itself so we don't have to download the whole mod again?

I'll see what I can do Hory. It's almost a 35,000kb update, and I don't have my own FTP to put it on.

Any new updates coming for '94?

I'll see what I can do Hory. It's almost a 35,000kb update, and I don't have my own FTP to put it on.

Any new updates coming for '94?

I see it's been posted in the download section now, thanks.

I'll probably scrape together an update for 94 sometime later in the off-season, even if just to include the awesomeness of Candlestick Park.

I see it's been posted in the download section now, thanks.

I'll probably scrape together an update for 94 sometime later in the off-season, even if just to include the awesomeness of Candlestick Park.

Yeah, I can't thank Sean enough for the 'Stick.

I hope to see an update for '94. Thanks again for letting me use it as a base to work from.

dammit, collision data is off on the left field screen at candlestick. I'll try to correct for the final release, whenever that is.

Also, is it funny that loading the updated '88 was the first time I saw '88 with grass? Jim825, make sure you get the version with turf that rolie did for any '70s projects.

• 5 months later...

I downloaded Total Classics 1988, installed it, and it's awesome! I played a few games with different teams and it works great. But today for some reason, every game I've played has crashed after I pick my teams and try to start the game. I can't figure out what the problem is, especially since it was working before. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

*Edit - I just tried it again and it worked with the Royals vs the Twins. Then I tried another game with the Braves at Detroit and it crashed again. Weird.

Archived