New City, Career Renewed - Oakland A's Year 3

rookie_rick

Dice K with 8 K's, and a combined 11 for the game. 9 runs on 14 hits. Guess you came ready to play. :D

How about that David Pauley?! Ten strikeouts over six innings in his last start, a 2-0 record and a 1.35 ERA to top things off. The kid must be throwing some nasty stuff.

Since the end of last season i have managed to pick up the K's and Dick-K with his combination of pitches is a great pitcher to ring up the K's. My offense has really picked up as of late and i hope it continues.

David Pauley is doing pretty well :D He makes a good replacement for the retired Tim Wakefield. I have to think he is going to be one of the top candidates for Rookie or the year. He has a nasty sinker that complements his fastball perfectly.

Great effort by Carmona to stop your winning streak. Also, Teixeira seems to be struggling a bit. Are you planning to keep him in the No. 3 spot?

I'm going to give him till after the next series which is against Texas to turn it around. If he still struggles then he is down to the 5 spot. He did get 2 hits in 5 ABs and a HR in my game that i just played so there might be hope for him.

There has been a massive improvement on behalf of my pitching staff. Last season i finished last for strikeouts as a team and had a team high 160. This season i have 28 more strikeouts than the second most in the league.

Your strikeout numbers this year are very impressive. Did you change anything in your pitching approach or in the options menu?

Your strikeout numbers this year are very impressive. Did you change anything in your pitching approach or in the options menu?

My approach has changed instead of constantly trying to get batters swinging on pitches dropping out of the zone, i pitch inside more and hit the top of the zone more.