Phillies Concept Uniform

kjuggs

In my ongoing quest to add Phillies stuff, I decided to make a uniform. Most of the art work is from WWII era, symbolized by the Blue Jay on the sleeve, which the team was actually unofficially known as during the 1943-1944 seasons. Stitching on the script and the hat look pretty good- thanks to HighHeat32's tutorial. Let me know what you think- enjoy! Also, I have included a pic of my upcoming custom layout- it's still a work in progress...I have to track down the gentleman that made the original layout- I just changed the colors and the logos and added the CN8 logo, as well as got "Your Home for Phillies Baseball!" in the stats line...Once I get permission, I will publish that. I'm still adamant that there's not enough Philly love on this site...lol

[imgurl url=http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m394/kjuggs/picture001-2.jpg]picture001-2.jpg[/imgurl]

that is pretty good kjuggs, just a few suggestions:

first of all, good job on making the script look realistic.

second, raise the script on the jersey so it sits in between the buttons (you have a button covered right now). also, if you make the script a little less wide, you wont run into mapping problems.

also, lower the p on the hat a little and you will have a great looking uniform!

that is better than the first uni i ever mad. gj.

ps, there are more phillies fans on this site than there are of rangers fans lol.

second, raise the script on the jersey so it sits in between the buttons (you have a button covered right now). also, if you make the script a little less wide, you wont run into mapping problems.

also, lower the p on the hat a little and you will have a great looking uniform!

ps, there are more phillies fans on this site than there are of rangers fans lol.

Awesome tips...I will fix these issues...

And....thats not really a good thing isn't it. Just kidding. I like the uniform, very well made for a first try. Great Job man.

Very nice try on your first attempt. But, here's some of the things that I noticed right off the bat.

- The script still seems to be a little wide. Reduce it a bit more.

- There doesn't seem to be a break in the script. If you look at a real jersey, the script is never joined. Add that in to make it more realistic.

- Reduce the amount of bevel on the script. It's way too much.

- I usually sharpen the script (but don't over use it).

- Widen the hat logo. You have to use a different aspect ratio for the logos.

- Your piping doesn't seem to match up.

- I am not too sure but it looks like your sleeve patches are too big. That will cause some mapping issues.

Again, these are just mere suggestions. Hope you don't take any offense to it.

Very nice try on your first attempt. But, here's some of the things that I noticed right off the bat.

- The script still seems to be a little wide. Reduce it a bit more.

- There doesn't seem to be a break in the script. If you look at a real jersey, the script is never joined. Add that in to make it more realistic.

- Reduce the amount of bevel on the script. It's way too much.

- I usually sharpen the script (but don't over use it).

- Widen the hat logo. You have to use a different aspect ratio for the logos.

- Your piping doesn't seem to match up.

- I am not too sure but it looks like your sleeve patches are too big. That will cause some mapping issues.

Again, these are just mere suggestions. Hope you don't take any offense to it.

Of course I don't take offense- I'm looking for all the help I can get..I know the script is never joined, but I wasn't sure how to break it without making it looked jacked up in the game...I'll play with that. As far as the patches, they look great in the game- no mapping issues that I saw. Thanks for the suggestions.

I see what you are saying HH, the break in the middle, to allow the jersey to look uniform, with the buttons and flap.

kjuggs, if you were doing a pull-over style jersey, you would be fine with the script, but since you have a button up jersey, you have to accomodate for that.

Archived