Classic Yankee Stadium - Nightime

paulw

I just started work on this - I spent about an hour or so this morning. This screen shot is using Rolie's "bloom" effect which really works nice at nite. Going off my own topic, bloom - at least on my PC - looks freaking awesome with old time ballparks.

yeh, paul, gr8 stadiium, and great bloom effects, it really does make the difference, i use it for all the classic mods, 51,56,78,88,94,of course 08, stadiums look wicked good, using rolie's c version, he was right, it does make the whole stadium,players, etc, really look realistic more, cant thank rolie enuu for what he did with that mod, and the author.

Guys, what is the 'Bloom' effect? Do we dL it and add it where

if so?

Just curious

BTW, awesome old Time / night time NYY stadium!

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=...hlight=hdr.html

hey alex, this is the thread above, that started everything off, with the HDR Bloom effect, in a nut shell, the game is supposed to try and get as close as possible to a realistic, lighting/haze effect look, i believe Rolie, put that into effect with his C version on the mod, it is beatiful, a screenshot shows it. bascally download the HDR mod v.1 i would recommend using Rolie's C version, to me it's the best, just drop the ini file, and the .dll, in the data folder of the mvp, load up the game, it should automactically detect it, and ull see the difference right away, if you dont like it, then you can hit shift+F12 to turn on/off ( in-game ) that is.

ill post the link for download for ya... in a sec...

edit.. heres the download link for the hdr download bro.

http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=4533.html

The "bloom" is definetly worth trying. The biggest drawback - you need some major video horsepower. At first it might look a bit strange but as I started using it (and then comparing) there's just no way I'm ever going back to the regular. I agree with basesloaded74 - Rolie's © config is by far the best. It's surrealism at it's best form.

The nice thing is it's very easy to install - you just copy two files into your MVP folder. If you wan't to get rid of it completely - just delete the files - that's it. Also the SHIFT-F12 on/off toggle is very nice and gives you some good comparison. It really is like a whole new game to me.

The "bloom" is definetly worth trying. The biggest drawback - you need some major video horsepower. At first it might look a bit strange but as I started using it (and then comparing) there's just no way I'm ever going back to the regular. I agree with basesloaded74 - Rolie's © config is by far the best. It's surrealism at it's best form.

The nice thing is it's very easy to install - you just copy two files into your MVP folder. If you wan't to get rid of it completely - just delete the files - that's it. Also the SHIFT-F12 on/off toggle is very nice and gives you some good comparison. It really is like a whole new game to me.

I hooked up the laptop to my big screen today to play some '51, and it was beautiful. Shibe Park looked wonderful with the HDR effects, and the Braves/Phils had a crazy game with 4 lead changes before I took it 10-7.

Classic Yankee looks spectacular Paul. I cleaned up a few things on Braves (added the Raylight Television ad in place of Bulova in left, and figured out the Bulova ad on the scoreboard (it was a chocolatier, just text). Also re-made the Calvert sign, moved the gas towers in left slightly, and fixed the UV mapping of the RF scoreboard. Then I made a night version.

Sean O wrote:

Classic Yankee looks spectacular Paul. I cleaned up a few things on Braves (added the Raylight Television ad in place of Bulova in left, and figured out the Bulova ad on the scoreboard (it was a chocolatier, just text). Also re-made the Calvert sign, moved the gas towers in left slightly, and fixed the UV mapping of the RF scoreboard. Then I made a night version.

Wow, looks like there may be another upgrade ;)

Thanks Sean

I hooked up the laptop to my big screen today to play some '51, and it was beautiful. Shibe Park looked wonderful with the HDR effects, and the Braves/Phils had a crazy game with 4 lead changes before I took it 10-7.

Sean - Can you send me Braves when you've finished it? I want to take one more shot at building the Charles River.

Archived