A more Patient CPU batter??

DylanBradbury

Yeah I hate that as well. I have used various datafiles over the years and I have never throws over 70 pitches in 7 innings with a starter. Sometimes I dont even hit 60 by inning 7.

But recently I have been studying my pitchers and the hitters more. If I have to I will throw really close borderline pitches on my first pitch. And with the 08 datafile, or maybe I am learning to pitch better, it seems that the cpu is DEF fooled way more by breaking stuff. They make the most funny check swings.

I was doing an LA/Cincy game last night and got four straights K's with their closer. His curve ball is nasty and a great compliment to his FB.

I would like to reach 100 here and there with my starters, but mostly if you learn your pitchers best and worst pitches and how to pitch guys, I usually go 100 pitches for the full 9 with a number of guys.

I would def like to know as well if there are any datafile values that work the same way as some sliders do. Becuase I wanna turn foul balls even higher than 50 and make the cpu swing less.

Yeah I hate that as well. I have used various datafiles over the years and I have never throws over 70 pitches in 7 innings with a starter. Sometimes I dont even hit 60 by inning 7.

But recently I have been studying my pitchers and the hitters more. If I have to I will throw really close borderline pitches on my first pitch. And with the 08 datafile, or maybe I am learning to pitch better, it seems that the cpu is DEF fooled way more by breaking stuff. They make the most funny check swings.

I was doing an LA/Cincy game last night and got four straights K's with their closer. His curve ball is nasty and a great compliment to his FB.

I would like to reach 100 here and there with my starters, but mostly if you learn your pitchers best and worst pitches and how to pitch guys, I usually go 100 pitches for the full 9 with a number of guys.

I would def like to know as well if there are any datafile values that work the same way as some sliders do. Becuase I wanna turn foul balls even higher than 50 and make the cpu swing less.

Maybe turn down the chase value slightly using the global editor in MVPedit? I'm just not sure what the range is on that puppy since they're mostly in single digits.

Archived