A 162 Random Schedule Generator

DylanBradbury

The only hard part about this is how to get a program to randomly generate and not have many many many repeats - sure there are some that are always even, but I don't think someone will want to play a randomly generated schedule with (say the Cardinals schedule) only 3 games vs the Cubs and 21 with the Royals - that just ain't right yo haha

Agreed, I honestly would have thought this would have been one of the first mods someone would have created.

SOMEONE PLEASE!!!

Why would it be one of the first mods done?

Honestly, I don't see the need for a random 162 game schedule. We have several years of real life MLB schedules to choose from.

I have no interest in doing this for free. Though, if you pay for my time, I would do it.

Honestly, I don't see the need for a random 162 game schedule. We have several years of real life MLB schedules to choose from.

I have no interest in doing this for free. Though, if you pay for my time, I would do it.

Would a 24 pack of soda, a bag of chips and a good DVD sound good? Or how about a soul, a dog's tail, and a few post cards from Nashville, TN?

It just seems logical.

I mean in every other EA sports game, you can rearrange the teams in each division to create a new schedule. For whatever reason, EA didn't allow this for MVP.

No offence, I don't think it's worth a payment, but if someone else would attempt it, it would be a huge hit.

I tried editing the schedule file, but the game crashed.

My idea:

Each team has a three letter code in the schedule file (Toronto TOR, Atlanta ATL).

Replace each three letter code with a marker like Toronto with AE5 (American League East 5, fifth team alphabetically in the division).

Randomly change the order of each team. Lets say Toronto gets the AE2 slot.

Replace all occurrences of AE2 with TOR. Repeat until all teams are complete. TADA! A new schedule.

I tried, but someone with a more logical brain could figure it out...

If you notice, there is a program that allows you to extract the schedule and put it into Microsoft Access I think (never used it) and from there you could try?
Yah, thanks!

Unfortunately, when I did it, thats' how I did it, and failed.

But...

That doesn't mean that someone else could try and succeed.

;)

Well then it wouldn't be a random schedule because you still play the teams in your division and not that many teams in the other league - you know, like real schedules, just different from this year, so are you trying to get a totally new schedule not unlike this year, or are you trying to get a schedule where say you play the same amount of AL teams as NL teams?

Archived