Request: Old style gloves for Total Classics

Yankee4Life

Being the Total Classics fan that I am, I'd do anything to help that series of mods strive to be even greater than it already is. And this request is strictly for the classics teams at the turn of the century. Look at this photo that I have posted here and you'll see what I mean:

The team on the field is the 1910 Philadelphia Athletics. Now look at the glove the pitcher has on. It's a modern day glove. Is there a way to assign smaller gloves to the teams from that time period that are in Total Classics? Can a mod be made to do this? I think you all can see what I mean by this. It has always seemed odd to me for example if you used the 1909 Tigers and you see Ty Cobb with a Mizuno glove. :|

In case anyone is wondering, all Total Classics teams prior to 1965 were edited in MVPEdit to use the EA "classic" glove that was included with the game. While the glove looks OK for teams from the 40's, 50's and early 60's, it would be nice to be able to get some even older looking gloves for the earlier teams.

The old time Catcher's gloves, already in the game from EA, will be

in the next TC update. Old Time BBJoel helped figure out how to

get that done so they could be assigned.

IF I recall correctly, there was an attempt to create some older style fielder gloves a while back (not sure if MVP '04 or '05). What had happened was that the ball would appear to be over the fielders mit on a play and yet they would still catch it. Like Homer mentioned earlier something may need to be changed perhaps in the model of the glove.

(but, would that change ALL glove sizes?)

It would be a nice touch even if someone could make a bit smaller

glove, but not like the first attempt which was scale and that did

not look right. It would be a decent little project for someone.

The old time Catcher's gloves, already in the game from EA, will be

in the next TC update. Old Time BBJoel helped figure out how to

get that done so they could be assigned.

IF I recall correctly, there was an attempt to create some older style fielder gloves a while back (not sure if MVP '04 or '05). What had happened was that the ball would appear to be over the fielders mit on a play and yet they would still catch it. Like Homer mentioned earlier something may need to be changed perhaps in the model of the glove.

(but, would that change ALL glove sizes?)

It would be a nice touch even if someone could make a bit smaller

glove, but not like the first attempt which was scale and that did

not look right. It would be a decent little project for someone.

i don't know for sure if it will change all gloves. i can't remember off the top of my head of there's a separate model for the classic glove. but like that problem you mentioned with it appearing over the glove but still being caught: it hasn't anything to do with the model. it's a problem with the game recognizing that the smaller model exists. i'm assuming it has something to do with the ball physics or collision data. might want to contact the stadium guys about that.

• 1 month later...

Archived