Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alantrammellisahofer

Problem with TC 1988

Would it matter when we downloaded TC 1988? I just downloaded the most recently updated one and I have the crash too - but before it was updated, it worked perfectly...so maybe that could be a possibility, so when did Homer and Alan download their versions and what version are you playing with tebjr?

I would try deleting him in MVPEdit then recreating him as an exact replica and exporting to the game.

Would it matter when we downloaded TC 1988? I just downloaded the most recently updated one and I have the crash too - but before it was updated, it worked perfectly...so maybe that could be a possibility, so when did Homer and Alan download their versions and what version are you playing with tebjr?

That could be it. I'm using the original version with the addons installed afterwards.

Maybe Jim can shed some light on that theory. I don't think anything was changed with Mike Heath, so I'm not really sure.

I haven't tried it - but have you tried leaving him off the roster and then having him pinch hit? Could be a possibility but I don't feel like finding my CD to test it haha

Ok I just cracked open the roster with MVP Edit and it says Heath has face 855 and I do not know any other players with that number...let me find the cd and change Heath's face to 901 to see if that'll do anything

Alright - update people!!!

I got it to work by changing the face from 855 to 901, so whatever face 855 is, it's corrupted! Glad we found this out!

ok, problem found. so for some reason i had an mbe file that was different from the install of the game. so i re-installed it. turns out the install i had had him assigned the 855 face. i'm not sure if i have the latest install or not, or if my mbe file was the latest or not. but either way, the problem lies in the fact that there is no face installed in the models.big for 855. that's why it crashed. so to fix it, just open your roster in mvpedit, change his id to 901, and export it back to your game. that should do it.

for those who don't know how to, just dowload this file. unzip it. copy the attrib.dat file to your database folder and replace the one there.

That could be it. I'm using the original version with the addons installed afterwards.

Maybe Jim can shed some light on that theory. I don't think anything was changed with Mike Heath, so I'm not really sure.

I merely packaged everything up for the update (i.e. I didn't do any real testing other than to confirm that the installation procedure worked OK). It sounds like the issue is with the updated roster files or the updated models.big file packaged with the mod. Either an incorrect face ID was given to Mike Heath or a new face for him (ID #855) was not added to the models.big file.files, the models.big file.

ok, problem found. so for some reason i had an mbe file that was different from the install of the game. so i re-installed it. turns out the install i had had him assigned the 855 face. i'm not sure if i have the latest install or not, or if my mbe file was the latest or not. but either way, the problem lies in the fact that there is no face installed in the models.big for 855. that's why it crashed. so to fix it, just open your roster in mvpedit, change his id to 901, and export it back to your game. that should do it.

for those who don't know how to, just dowload this file. unzip it. copy the attrib.dat file to your database folder and replace the one there.

Thanks Homer. An oversight I guess. I don't remember assigning him a face, but apparently I did somewhere along the way.

I merely packaged everything up for the update (i.e. I didn't do any real testing other than to confirm that the installation procedure worked OK). It sounds like the issue is with the updated roster files or the updated models.big file packaged with the mod. Either an incorrect face ID was given to Mike Heath or a new face for him (ID #855) was not added to the models.big file.files, the models.big file.

Jim,

I was sure that nothing had changed as far as what you packaged up, I thought it might have just been a bad install.

I hope I didn't come off as placing blame. If I did, I'm sorry.

Thanks to all- I will try this after work today and see if it fixes it.

Hope it solves the problem for you, and hope you enjoy TC '88

Jim,

I was sure that nothing had changed as far as what you packaged up, I thought it might have just been a bad install.

I hope I didn't come off as placing blame. If I did, I'm sorry.

I didn't take it that way at all. I was just explaining that I didn't do much besides packaging everything up, so that's why I didn't find the problem before posting the update.

OK, found the problem.

There is a face 855 for Mike Heath. I didn't include it in the stuff I sent Jim, but the change had been made to the .MBE. So, like you guys said, there was no face # 855 in the models, which caused it to crash.

Another problem to fix in the next update.