Problem with TC 1988

alantrammellisahofer

face assignments in the range of 901-915 should NOT have a picture show up ---- that is OK ---- any other face assignment should have a face show up otherwise that is a problem .......... you might want to check the face assignment of the Manager as well.

I think you said you were able to play other teams in Tiger Stadium & Comiskey Park so it isn't likely a Stadium problem.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that the stadiums have nothing to do with your problem, since the teams do not work no matter where the play. I would suggest that you reinstall your roster files and models.big file. This is pretty easy to do. Simply go to the folder where you extracted the files that make up the TC1988 package.

I'm not talking about your MVP2005 game folder. I'm talking about the folder where all the files were extracted when you ran total_classics_1988.exe.

Under that folder, go to the data \ database folder and copy all of the files to your game's data \ database folder. After that, go back to the extracted data folder and copy the models.big file to your game's data folder. All this is documented in the TC1988 Installation Instructions that were included with the mod. Simply go to the last few pages and look for the "Manual Installation" instructions.

You would still have to reinstall the Mike Heath face (or change it to 901), but you should be able to verify that the White Sox won't crash. If you still have problems, then something else is going on and my only suggestion would be to start all over again and reinstall everything.

Alright I replaced the models.big file. Chicago is now working but Detroit still isn't. I put Mike Heath's face at 901 because for some reason his face files must not be installing properly. I'm using the TIT program so I'm not sure whats wrong with that. Anyway I checked the rest of the Detroit players and there faces are fine.

Alright I replaced the models.big file. Chicago is now working but Detroit still isn't. I put Mike Heath's face at 901 because for some reason his face files must not be installing properly. I'm using the TIT program so I'm not sure whats wrong with that. Anyway I checked the rest of the Detroit players and there faces are fine.

When we said to give him face number 901, we didn't mean that you should rename the face that was posted earlier in this thread. We meant that you should simply go into MVPEdit and change his face number from 588 (I think that's what it was) to 901. You didn't have to install any face to make this change. After changing the face number, you would then export the rosters to your data \ database folder. That's it!

When we said to give him face number 901, we didn't mean that you should rename the face that was posted earlier in this thread. We meant that you should simply go into MVPEdit and change his face number from 588 (I think that's what it was) to 901. You didn't have to install any face to make this change. After changing the face number, you would then export the rosters to your data \ database folder. That's it!

I did do what you guys said. I apologise if my post above was unclear. I'll resay what I did in step by step order.

First I tried installing Heath's face files with TIT. I went to MVPEdit and his cyberface still didn't show up after i installed it. I decided to go into the game anyway to see if it woked but it still crashed when I used the Tigers. So therefore I decided to just go into MVPEdit and change his face to 901 considering the face install obviously didn't work. This did not work however as the game is still crashing. I followed all of the steps you guys told me to in perfect order. The thing is all of the faces are correct for the Tigers roster and it still crashes.

I even just went into MVPEdit once again to make sure all of the faces 901-915 don't have a cyberface show up in the appearance tab. Then I checked to see if all of the faces not in this range had their cyberfaces show up and they did.

I've reached the limit on everything I can think of that could be causing your problem. About the last thing I would say is to check if the face assigned to the Tigers manager is in the models.big file. Manager faces do not show up in MVPEdit, however, you can find out his face by clicking on the Team tab and then Manager.

To verify if the face is in the models.big, get the face number for the Tigers manager, go back to your Tigers roster and assign it to one of the players who had a face in the range 901-915. If no face shows up for the player, then that is your problem. If the face shows up OK, that that is not your problem, and about the only thing I could suggest is to uninstall everything and try re-installing all over again.

I've reached the limit on everything I can think of that could be causing your problem. About the last thing I would say is to check if the face assigned to the Tigers manager is in the models.big file. Manager faces do not show up in MVPEdit, however, you can find out his face by clicking on the Team tab and then Manager.

To verify if the face is in the models.big, get the face number for the Tigers manager, go back to your Tigers roster and assign it to one of the players who had a face in the range 901-915. If no face shows up for the player, then that is your problem. If the face shows up OK, that that is not your problem, and about the only thing I could suggest is to uninstall everything and try re-installing all over again.

Alright well the manager wasn't the problem. Once again I thank you guys very much for your help and staying with me considering the fact I don't know too much about this stuff. The good thing is if something like this happens again I'll know what I'm doing.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

I'm having a similar situation as this.

I installed this a few weeks ago and am playing season / dynasty with the Cubs. I get random crashes when my game is completed, but it really hasn't interfered much as I save my games after they are complete so I never lose more than one game's progress.

However, right away I noticed the other teams would sign free agents. So what I'd do when I noticed the FA signing is go in and edit that player to make them terrible (0 hitting ratings, etc).

The Padres signed what appears to be a Davey Lopes clone (I've seen a handful of other '88 players that are on their correct team as well as the FA pool). When I get in to edit Lopes, the game immediately crashes. He also has a generic / blacked out profile face.

I have not played the Pads yet, but should be in the next day or two. I'll let you all know if I'm able to play / manage / sim against them.

BTW, this a great mod --- it takes me back and is a lot of fun.

Archived