Can I play MVP Baseball 2005 in a Desktop Window?

alblurt06

I don't understand what you mean by navigate to the MVP directory.

Here:

Start Menu > Run

Type cmd

In command prompt;

cd C:Program FilesEA SportsMVP Baseball 2005

then

mvp2005.exe -win

cd basically is the command that tells Windows to navigate. What comes after that is more or less the address where you want command prompt to go. Let me know if this works for you. It should.

Here:

Start Menu > Run

Type cmd

In command prompt;

cd C:Program FilesEA SportsMVP Baseball 2005

then

mvp2005.exe -win

cd basically is the command that tells Windows to navigate. What comes after that is more or less the address where you want command prompt to go. Let me know if this works for you. It should.

Thanks a lot man. Works perfectly well. :)

Because instead of having to show complex video and gameplay in a full-screen window, it's showing it in a smaller space, thus not using as much power or processing time.

That's not the reason. When you play a game, the resolution of the window is the same resolution that you use for fullscreen.

By the way, the game also plays fast like that in fullscreen mode if I turn "vertical sync" off.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to run MVP in a window and i have followed all that has been posted above and it just keeps saying path specified not found or directory name invalid. I am just copying and pasting the actual location so it isn't wrong. I obviously am doing something wrong but i'm not quite sure what.

Any help will be much appreciated

*Edit* It is all sorted now. I tried it without going into the command prompt and it worked. :D

A quicker way is to right click your desktop shortcut, and in the target section, after the quotation marks add in -win.

Like this:

"C:Program FilesEA SportsMVP Baseball 2005mvp2005.exe" -win

Everytime you start up the game, it'll be in a window.

HOLY CRAP! This thread is full of WIN! I've been wanting this forever!

I get hyperspeed as well, but even worse, I don't get full reach around the screen with the cursor...... not worth it.

If you're having trouble with the cursor, just double click any other window on your desktop. Then you'll be able to see the cursor again.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...